Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 30, 2006, 8:55 PM   #11

Futbol mom, you mean I can get the CanonA620 for under $200.00 brand new? I would love to buy one brand new but I get al confused with all those bids etc. If you have any tips on how to get one on ebay let me know.

Thanks Lily
Lily165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2006, 11:05 AM   #12

Hi Lily. I would start out by going to e-bay.com and type in "Canon A620 camera" in the search box and see what comes up. I just checked, and there are two for about $180 with 12 hrs. left to bid. That doesn't mean that the price won't go up, but chances are you can get pretty close to the $200 mark. The seller I checked out had a good feedbackpercentage. If I new how to get you the direct link, I would do it for you...sorry. Just make sure you read the feedback from other buyers. It will all be pretty self explanatory when you log on. Good luck, and let me know if you have any other questions!:-)

futbol mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2006, 2:45 PM   #13

Futbol mom thank you very much for all your help! I really do appreciate it. I have already bid for the Canon A620 there is someone who has one right now for about $230.00 I believe that was the last bid I placed. I know it is more expensive than the others but he is offering many things with the package, batteries, 2G, charger etc etc. If I get over bid I may go for the ones you mentioned. Thing is they don't offer what the other one does. The one you mentioned I believe just offers the camera body or the camera with just batteries no charger etc so in the long run I may end up paying way more if I have to buy all the accessories.So you got a new camera from Ebay? I may just give up and get the A630 it has gotten a few nice reviews.

Thanks for everything!

Lily
Old Oct 1, 2006, 3:47 PM   #14
Administrator

Lily165 wrote:
Quote:
I may just give up and get the A630 it has gotten a few nice reviews.
Click Here for link to Canon A630 for $259 with free shipping at buydig.com

It's only a little bit higher at B&H (and their return policy is better if you decide you don't like it + they have some A630 packages that include "name brand" memory cards, etc. versus generic/no name accessories (with packages that usually include high profit junk that you don't want/need) at a fair price.

When you look at vendors that have the lowest prices on the camera bodies, they usually try to make it up on the accessories and packages. ;-) You'll find B&H's prices to be fair across the board, without using those types of tactics.

Canon A630 at B&H

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2006, 4:13 PM   #15

Jim Cthan you for your post. I am already bidding on a camera at Ebay on the suggestion of Futbol mom but if that does not work out I might go back to B&H or try Buydig. I hear they are reputable like B&H and Newegg. B&H would be easier as I can go there personaly. Once again thanks again to all for all your help. BTW does anyone have the Canon A630? Just wondering how it was.

Lily
Old Oct 1, 2006, 5:03 PM   #16
Administrator

We just posted the A630 and A640 reviews, they're both winners!

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2006_reviews/a630.html

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2006_reviews/a640.html
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2006, 9:30 PM   #17

Steve thank you for your links I will check them out. Wish me luck on my ebay bidding.

Old Oct 7, 2006, 12:42 AM   #18

Futbol mom, just wanted to thank you for your advice. I went to Ebay and got a Canon A620 for $255.00 plus shipping. I was told by a friend that I got a great deal since the guy is including a 2GB with it also. Ebay is a great place to get a camera and just like you said, must check on the persons rating before buying. Once again thanks!

Lily
Old Oct 7, 2006, 4:27 PM   #19

I'm so glad it worked out for you Lily! Congratulations!!
futbol mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2006, 9:21 PM   #20

Thank you futball mom! Everyone should try ebay they have a lot of nice stuff besides cameras.

Lily