Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 2, 2006, 4:55 AM   #11

Thanks for the response, and you are all right about the decision I should make, and I know I was over analysing the subject, but the positive thing is that I've gain lots of knowledge, theoretical one at least.

Listen, I was waiting for photokina before making my purchase that becuase I was very interested in the Sigma SD14, but after seeing the initial price I've decided that it is better for me to get a cheaper camera and start shooting, my girlfriend can get me the Canon Rebel Xti (400D) Kit + Canon Grip + Fast 1GB card + camera bag for 980$ Here in Israel, Is it a good deal ??
Idan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2006, 5:03 AM   #12

Belive me guys moving from what I belive to be a great innovation camera that I believe can produce the best true colors and sharpness without artifacts, that we have seen to date, is very expensive , and I don't want to wait more , should I wait more ???
Old Oct 2, 2006, 5:36 AM   #13

IMO,I agree that the new SIGMA SD14 dSLRis very attractive!!:idea:

A very expensive camera though!! :-)

Nevertheless, there is always the DP1 if you really can't let go of the Foveon X3 sensor.

BenjaminXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2006, 6:12 AM   #14

The beauty and the best !

You know, when I look at those photos I am falling in love again, sure the beauty of this camera is inside. Think for a second,the output of Bayer sensor is an image that lost 66% of its colors, so tell me WHY does everybody except it and let some lines of code decide which color to fill in, it sounds so non-professional, but still wasn't there at the first place and the mass production of digital cameras has already begun, so know I believe it is THE TIME for sigma to show the world (like said in there website) not to compromise on image quality, thats what all the reviews are all about, and strive to a place where no gueesing takes place and whatyou get is a reall true colors of what the lens sees, think for a second, you've got the best lens a money can get and even then the sensor doesn't get all the colors so ... you get my point, go a head Sigma make my day !!!:idea:
Old Oct 2, 2006, 6:18 AM   #15

IMO if I have the money today, I wouldn't give it a second thought and get the SIGMA SD14! It is a dSLR for all the pixel-peepers!

The DP1 is just asgreat.

Old Oct 2, 2006, 6:34 AM   #16

the queation is simple, I can invest more, but have to wait 2 months from now, what do you think ?

I want to hear what the pros think about the Foveon sensor.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 6:42 AM   #17

IMO if you can afford to wait, I'll say wait!! :idea:

Remember that your new camera is most likely going to last you a few years (or more) down the road, if you have to wait a little while longer for it, I'll say wait; asit will pay off in the long run when you are happy & satisfied. (At that time, you don't need to think back and regret)

My advice for you, andto myself as well.

Old Oct 2, 2006, 6:59 AM   #18

Thanks for the honest answer , I WILL WAIT and buy the new Sigma SD14 when it is available in my country, I hope it will be near US price not 3 times more :-)

Here in Israel the price equivelent is like your dollar is like dollar and a half (in cameras prices comaprison), means that is may cost 3000$ but I hope not , and that I can get it for 2000$.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 7:04 AM   #19

Quote:

Thanks for the honest answer , I WILL WAIT and buy the new Sigma SD14 when it is available in my country, I hope it will be near US price not 3 times more :-)

Here in Israel the price equivelent is like your dollar is like dollar and a half (in cameras prices comaprison), means that is may cost 3000$ but I hope not , and that I can get it for 2000$.

No problem. :-)

BTW, I am not a U.S. citizen.

I wonder how's life in Israel? (I heard there is war going on there right?)

Old Oct 2, 2006, 7:08 AM   #20
Super Moderator

Wait until you see the full reviews before gettting the new Sigma.

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/ph...o-report.shtml
peripatetic is offline   Reply With Quote