Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 5, 2006, 9:11 AM   #1

Hi everyone. I would really appreciate some help with this:

I have owned several digital cameras and I LOVE them. I am now planning to buy a new 5MP point and shoot. There is a specific feature I want but I don't know what it is called or if it even exists. I want to be able to set the self timer so that after afew seconds the camera takes not one, but a series of 10 or 20 pictures in a row.

This would be incredibly useful in photographing my family. Usuallyour baby is not looking, and so it takes forever until we get a good shot. If we could set the camera to take a lot of pictures we could just hold our pose and then pick the best one. Does anyone know if there is a camera that has this feature?

Thank you!

Chris
kandeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 6, 2006, 12:20 AM   #2

The only one that would fit that bill, that I can think of, is the Canon G6. It doesn't have the feature you're asking about, but it does have a very small remote to trigger the shutter. I don't believe the G7 will be carrying a remote.
KALEL33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2006, 9:02 AM   #3

Man, you would think that someone would include this feature. It would be simple and very useful. The beauty of digital cameras is that you can take a bunch of pictures and discard the substandard ones without cost. Why not make use of that in the design?
kandeh is offline   Reply With Quote