Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 6, 2006, 1:40 AM   #1

hi

i dont know much about camear modal, i confused with so many models, can any body kindly suggest one good camera modal with budject $350.
thanx adv
sreenivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 6, 2006, 7:27 AM   #2

Take a look at the Kodak C-875 ($255 at www.newegg.com) The new Samsung NV-7 or NV-10 ($349 and $399 at www.circuitcity.com) or the Sony H-2 if you want an long zoom camera (about $300) if you want a 12X optical zoom camera.

MT
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2006, 1:29 PM   #3

I suggest you write a priority list of what you want. Then go to a store with an abundant amount of cameras and find what you want. Lastly, if you haven't bought one come back and tell us which ones you liked and tell us what your expecting to do with it (size, manual, indoor, outdoor, action, just overall, size an option?, speed, etc.)
KALEL33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2006, 2:53 PM   #4

I am in the same boat and have narrowed my choice down to these three. Canon A540 (least expensive), Fuji S5200 (best optical zoom), Canon A630 (highest mp). The reviews on all three are excellent and they all look great. All within my price range.
inazsully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2006, 12:33 AM   #5

If you think you need the superzoom and take alot of pics in low light situations then go with the Fuji. If you want a great and versatile all around camera then go with the A630. The A540 is a really good camera, but you'd be choosing it for the size. Looks like you have the small, medium, and full sized camera. Do you think you'd leave one at home because of the size? Do you need to fit it in your smaller pockets? This is just my preference, but I would go for the A630. I love the swivel screen for taking our own pics on vacation, family pics, worms eye view, and taking pics over a crowd. It's fast and takes great pics. Like I said, you chose three different sizes of cameras that have different uses. Usually you go with the best camera you would be willing to carry around with you anytime you plan on picture taking. Oh, really you don't need to worry about the megapixels.....just the quality of the pics. I still use my 4MP camera that takes better pics in 5x7 than most of cameras out now with 5-7MP.
KALEL33 is offline   Reply With Quote