Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 13, 2006, 9:46 PM   #1

Hi!, here where i live i can get these cameras (canon A710IS, canon S3IS or sony Dsc-H5)for relatively the same price (US499, 550, 580) respectively, which from these is the best? my main concerns are low light pictures (indoors eg.),sharp and detailed pics, and good movie mode, and built quality. Zoom and size are not a big issue for me. The A710 from what i´ve seen seems not to take great pics indoors, the S3 pictures look a bit soft and have 1mp less but its movie mode seems to be better,and the H5 i don´t like the MS cards but it seems the best of these so far, what do you think? Any other recommendation? maybe agoodPanasonic not too expensive?Thanx!!
flash110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 14, 2006, 2:12 PM   #2

have u thought of the A630 or A620 ... the A series is really good ... the zoom is small but .. the build quality is awsome .. those cams feel more solid than the S3 or H5 ...

From the three cams i would choose the S3 .. reall good for the price ...

As for ur Indoor photography ... non of the consumer level P&s cams are gonna perfrom good.
u'll need to get a camera with a hotshoe mount ... and use an external flash.

if u can strech the budget .. a bit u can get a FZ30 from Pansonic ... or better the fuji s6000 ....

The kodak P880 ... it might be pricy but its really worth it .. the lens is too damn good ... and it also has a hotshoe ..

U might get a S5000 for a reall cheap price too.

all these cams have hotshoes fro good indoor photos.

Good luck

sr2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2006, 6:46 PM   #3

sr2002 wrote:
Quote:
have u thought of the A630 or A620 ... the A series is really good ... the zoom is small but .. the build quality is awsome .. those cams feel more solid than the S3 or H5 ...

From the three cams i would choose the S3 .. reall good for the price ...

As for ur Indoor photography ... non of the consumer level P&s cams are gonna perfrom good.
u'll need to get a camera with a hotshoe mount ... and use an external flash.

if u can strech the budget .. a bit u can get a FZ30 from Pansonic ... or better the fuji s6000 ....

The kodak P880 ... it might be pricy but its really worth it .. the lens is too darn good ... and it also has a hotshoe ..

U might get a S5000 for a reall cheap price too.

all these cams have hotshoes fro good indoor photos.

Good luck

I´m leaning towards S3, so far i think it´s the best value for the price, they have more chormatic aberrations than thefz7 but their combination of good movie mode, swivel LCD and Super Zoomis tempting, the Fz30 or better Fz50 would be better, specially for their picture quality but they´re out of my budget... . The H5 seems to be a great camera too but they don´t have swivel LCD which i think i would miss, i´m still undecided, i´ll check a bit more Thank you!!
flash110 is offline   Reply With Quote