Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 23, 2006, 2:22 PM   #11

The best camera must be the one that fits your criteria.

Try this digital camera adviser>>>

http://www.imaging-resource.com/cgi-bin/m/pl.cgi?cajs
BenjaminXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2006, 3:31 PM   #12

Not all the tests....the canon whips the sony by a pretty good margin in speed.
KALEL33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2006, 9:56 PM   #13

Nice link.....I think many of the people asking questions here could benefit from it. Soooo many people have come up to me and asked "whats the best camera?". I usually said it depends on what you want and want you want to pay for it. People's priority of size, speed, price, ease of use, etc. play the biggest role in being happy with a camera. I've sold some cameras that I would not buy, but I'm pretty picky and they just wanted a compact, cheap, easy to use camera for taking snap shots.

BenjaminXYZ wrote:
Quote:
The best camera must be the one that fits your criteria.

Try this digital camera adviser>>>

http://www.imaging-resource.com/cgi-bin/m/pl.cgi?cajs
KALEL33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2006, 10:09 PM   #14

I suggest Panasonic, but it really depends on your specific needs.

Which is the best car???
msantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2006, 12:57 PM   #15

Best car? That's easy it's a*Seriously, I wish I could ask that question and get a straight answer... but I have found, to each his own. If you get a camera and don't use it, it is worthless. Too complicated and it intimidates and you don't use it. I have been on this forum and maybe 4 others, reading the magazines, going to the stores, handling the cameras, feeling what has the best size for my hands.... getting disguted asking questions at Ritz [img]/forums/images/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]...... and now I have decided, sort of.I wanted to upgrade in the Lumix/Leica line... but the camera's "noise" or graininess as we used to refer to flecks or haze/fuzz caused me pause. Then I went to see the Nikon and made the mistake of holding the D80 alongside the Canon 30.. I like d the 30's build and menu, the over all look and feel ( like a car ) Then*the buzz was coming about the Pentax K10d and a Canon 40.......I admit* I'll never buy a camera this way. So now I am fixed on waiting for the Pentax review or the new Canon 40 model. But along the way I met a lot of really great people in the forums, read a lot of camera hints and really know so much more. Focal lengths, sensor sizes and how light bends..... intoxicating. Of course all of this would have made Ansel Adams a better ...... not, heresy. It doesn't matter as long as you have any camera is my point. Get a cheap one and learn then buy the one you need. Not want..... as I want an M8 but need a brownie. So climb tht mountain and learn along the way. At 60 plus I have had a great enjoyable ride so far and my older Elph s400 and SLR film canon and Fz20 still make me happy until that next wave hits the review stand.* Thanks for all the help you all give in good spirit and joy of the "hobby" I guess for many of us.
tommccarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2006, 7:56 PM   #16

The big difference is the display...3 inch in H5 and the clarity and outside use of H5 is far better then the S3.....But the cost is more then perhapes the display and 1 megpixal is worth...Can get the H5 in black. I own the H5..it is superb.About as good as it gets in this range. You need to get used to picking up and holding the H5 .Not alot of finger room.. Good luck mate.The S3 is superb but I think cause of display size and brightness 250K + id go Sony.....S3 is cheaper to buy
Forreste1 is offline   Reply With Quote