Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 21, 2006, 12:02 AM   #1

The Canon S3IS, the Panasonc DMC-FZ7 or the Sony DSC-H5? Come on just tell me which one is the best.
Trish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 21, 2006, 3:02 AM   #2

They are all comparable. I am partial to the FZ7. Owned the FZ20 before. Great camera. I have gone DSLR since then though and not looked back.
rduve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2006, 8:26 AM   #3

I will recomend you the canon or sony.
Marimar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2006, 8:50 AM   #4

I owned both the Canon and Panasonic. Both took great photos although the Canon seemed to produce slightly better color. I only shot these two in auto mode. So I can factor out operator error. . . :-)
soliz39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2006, 10:08 AM   #5

I say the Fujifilm V10. This camera is well built and the qulity of the vidoe and pictures is GREAT! The camera also has 4 built in video games which is great if you like to play games on your phone.
PhotoFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2006, 10:49 AM   #6

I don't own any of them. I have used the Sony H1 a lot, when I borrowed it from my mother. So, I did test the H5 and the Canon a few months back when looking for a camera. Canon vs Sony, here are my thoughts on the two.

Sony - Very nice, high quality pictures. Focus is a little slow, but I could shoot action shots of football and soccer. Very nice camera

Canon - faster focus, better for moving subjects. A bit small in my hands.

My thought is if you are just asking someone to tell you which one to buy, head down to your nearest Circuit City or Best Buy and pic up each camera. One of them will just feel right when you pic it up. Then, turn the knobs and see which feels easier. Buy that one. Each will have some advantages or disadvantages.

Buy it, use it, enjoy it. Print out some pictures right away and post them. You will feel good about your purchase.

jsundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2006, 11:52 AM   #7

PhotoFriendly wrote:
Quote:
I say the Fujifilm V10. This camera is well built and the qulity of the vidoe and pictures is GREAT! The camera also has 4 built in video games which is great if you like to play games on your phone.

Obviously she is looking for the best ultra zoom, not to play video games.
rduve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2006, 12:20 AM   #8

The Lumix FZ7 simply has the noisiest sensor. Otherwise it is fine. As far as image quality is concerned the Canon and the Sony should be very similar. May be, the Sony has a slight advantage. However, the Canon is a much more versatile camera (flip out display, panorama assist) and has a superb movie mode, while the Sony has a very poor movie mode. All in all I would go with the Canon.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the Canon and the Panasonic use cheap, standard SD cards, which can also be used for other cameras, while the Sony uses proprietary memory sticks, which are clearly more expensive.
kassandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2006, 1:38 PM   #9

out of those 3, i suggest the sony, in all of the tests i have read it marginally outpoints the Canon.
mweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2006, 1:54 PM   #10

rduve wrote:
Quote:
PhotoFriendly wrote:
Quote:

Obviously she is looking for the best ultra zoom, not to play video games.
I was all set to get one, but then I found out that it did not have a built-in corkscrew

meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote