Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 23, 2006, 12:03 PM   #1

Asa sony fan, I have a P200 and a R1...but after I bought the R1 few months and still have some blur pics because of camera shaking, the lag too bad, picture were capture too behind after I shoot(with flash only I guess)the screen movable help me alot in some position...the A-100 on the market and the price until now is $899 + free 1GB card with lens 18-70mm

Same ad this week circuit city:

Nikon 10.2 MP with 18-135 Nikor Lens $1299+free 1GB card

The Canon EOS 400D / Digital Rebel XTi on Ebay now is $1150 with 2 canon lenses 18-55 and 75-300

My questions is :

-the nikon and canon above they have anti shake on their lens or not

- In your opinion is wich one is the best choice...they all have 10.2 MP only the A1 has Image stabilization

I want to hear from all of you...the pros in this forum ...thank you !
AnhNamUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 23, 2006, 2:01 PM   #2

What type of shooting were you doing that you were dissatisfied with? Be specific here. Some situations can be helped with IS and some cannot. For instance, if you're trying to take a photo of a moving subject, IS is not that beneficial - of greater import is shutter speed. Getting a fast enough shutter speed is going to be a combination of ISO setting and lens aperture.

The Sony has AS built in which is great for low light non-moving subects. But it has poor high ISO performance so it's bad at taking shots of low light moving subjects. If that's your subject then the Canon is a better option. Neither of the lenses you mentioned are going to be good enough for low light action shots though (and the 75-300 is a rather poor quality lens - the newer 70-300 is a much better lens but still not capable of low light action).

So, be specific about what you want to shoot. That way you can hopefully avoid spending $1000 or more and STILL not be able to shoot what you want.
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2006, 2:15 PM   #3

Quote:

but after I bought the R1 few months and still have some blur pics because of camera shaking, the lag too bad, picture were capture too behind after I shoot(with flash only I guess)the screen movable help me alot in some position
Eh, were you trying to use lower ISO levels for dimmer lighting conditions? If so, you need to increase the ISO level.

The same thing about the flash, if the subject is too far off, you need to increase the ISO as the flash might not be powerful enough.

ISO stands for the sensitivity of the camera. You use a higher ISO value to make the camera more sensitive to light. (I make it very easy for you to understand)

BenjaminXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote