Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Nov 5, 2006, 6:44 AM   #1

For 3 years my wife has been getting great shots from her Fuji 310. She takes it everywhere she goes and often pulls it out at night for shots of friends ect. The results mostly are not good. Iwould like to get her another one capable of doing the job. Has to be able to fit in her bag. Keith
Keithg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 5, 2006, 6:54 AM   #2

Hi, 1st time poster on this site. Can i just correct a few things with the post above please.

3 years correct.

"my wife has been" = "I take my camera and leave it in my wifes bag"

"she takes it everywhere she goes" = "I take it everywhere i go, i have backup batteries ready to go, extra memory card. When i get bored i start taking shots of pretty much anything that moves"

"I would like her to get another one capable of doing the job" = "I would really like a Digital SLR with 5000x optical zoom and a 20Gb memory card. THat should do the trick"

"Has to be able to fit in her bag" = "Well it would be nice to have it fit in her bag, but if i get one good enough, with all accessories, then i will just have her carry it for me while im taking photos"

Thanks for letting me clear that up peoples .

hehe yes, im his Son. He msn'd me the link and i couldnt resist this reply. Hope its going well Dad, dont let Mum see this, after your post i would start walking around with Kevlar

nato78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2006, 10:11 AM   #3

If you want the best night shots without using much of the flash, then get the Fuji F30. It's the best compact low-light camera hands down, and just to help you out, you edit your original post without posting again. Look at the upper right options of your posts when you are signed in.
KALEL33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2006, 3:59 PM   #4

Thanks for that. Had a feeling it would be the F30. My wife uses the eyepiece on her old 310 as she has trouble seeing screen on bright days but i guess the latest bigger screen would be an improvement. Thanks again.
Keithg is offline   Reply With Quote