Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Nov 10, 2006, 9:08 AM   #1

:|I have a 1 G SD Memory Card and am interested in buying a used camera (3 to 4 MP) for my Daughter to take pics of my grandkids. She is not the type to take really good care of a camera so the need to purchase a used one. Don't need anything big, just something to grab and shoot and that does mpeg movies with sound. Can anyone tell me names of a few camera's that use this card that is not in a blowout price range?
libbie645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 10, 2006, 9:13 AM   #2
Administrator

If you check the lists of reviews here and pick a category (for example, 4 Megapixels), you'll see a Storage Media column on the right hand side of the lists.

http://www.steves-digicams.com/hardware_reviews.html

For example, here are some 4 Megapixel cameras that were reviewed here:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/cameras_dig4.html

Note that not all cameras will support all card sizes. Many models using Secure Digital may not work with larger cards. You're probably OK with a 1GB card.

Personally, I wouldn't buy a camera model based on memory type alone. You can buy a brand new 1GB SD card for around $20 now.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2006, 9:19 AM   #3

Hi Jim,

Thank you so much for the help. I have the card and no longer have the camera to go with it. That is the only reason I was looking for one that it will work with. I, my self, have a Sony Mavcia CD400 and wouldn't trade it for anything. My father has the CD 500 and we both are sold on these cams. Will take your advice and search a little more.

Libbie
libbie645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2006, 9:38 AM   #4
Administrator

SD is a very common card type now. So, you should be able to find a lot of cameras using it. It's got lower power draw compared to CompactFlash. So, it's starting to become one of the most popular media types (it's probably the most popular used in newer cameras).

I just wanted to point out that memory prices have come down a lot lately (so, that 1GB SD card isn't really worth much anymore). So, I wouldn't base your purchase decision on an investment in a single card like this.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2006, 2:54 PM   #5

I believe Kodak uses them
maryccc is offline   Reply With Quote