Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Nov 11, 2006, 6:49 PM   #1

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a compact digital with the following features:

large LCD

minimal to zero shutter lag

in camera red-eye elimination

in-camera cropping

I would grealtly appreciate your suggestions. Thanks so much!

Patricia
Patriciak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 12, 2006, 12:54 AM   #2

Truthfully, the cropping and the red eye reduction are better done on the computer. The software used on computer programs are more accurate on both cases.
KALEL33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2006, 9:32 AM   #3

I guess Fuji F30 is the best compact that fit your requirement
Check this out:
http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/fu...ix_f30-review/
armadilloshield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2006, 11:08 AM   #4
Administrator

armadilloshield wrote:
Quote:
Check this out:
It doesn't look like it, unless I'm missing something. I don't see the ability to correct redeye in the camera with this model.

I haven't kept up with current models that have this feature. You'd need to look at reviews and try to narrow down the ones that do.

Nikon starting putting an Automatic Redeye correction feature in some of it's cameras a while back (for example, the Coolpix 5900 and 7900 got it first if memory serves).

Nikon has it in a number of other models now, too. For example, take a look at the Nikon Coolpix S4. It's got a swivel body design with a relatively large LCD.

A number of HP models also have automatic in camera redeye removal. For example, the HP R927 and R967 get it.

Some HP models also have the ability for you to manually remove redeye (versus fullly automatic removal) during playback. But, I don't know what models have this feature off the top of my head.

It's not something I'd pay much attention to. So, your best bet would probably be to browse through the reviews of popular models here to see which models have it.

Most newer Nikon (non-DSLR) models appear to get this feature.

Unfortunately, I don't see cropping ability in some of these cameras. So, you may have to dig a bit to find a model that has all of the features you want (or compromise in one area versus the other).

A good place to start your search is our Best Cameras List.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2006, 12:57 PM   #5

Some of the Kodak models seem to have all the features that you are interested in. You might want to check out the V530, V550, and V603 models.

Stephanie

----------

My Fujifilm FinePix F30 andF10 galleries
sjseto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2006, 12:37 AM   #6

JimC wrote:
Quote:
armadilloshield wrote:
Quote:
Check this out:
It doesn't look like it, unless I'm missing something. I don't see the ability to correct redeye in the camera with this model.

I haven't kept up with current models that have this feature. You'd need to look at reviews and try to narrow down the ones that do.

Nikon starting putting an Automatic Redeye correction feature in some of it's cameras a while back (for example, the Coolpix 5900 and 7900 got it first if memory serves).

Nikon has it in a number of other models now, too. For example, take a look at the Nikon Coolpix S4. It's got a swivel body design with a relatively large LCD.

A number of HP models also have automatic in camera redeye removal. For example, the HP R927 and R967 get it.

Some HP models also have the ability for you to manually remove redeye (versus fullly automatic removal) during playback. But, I don't know what models have this feature off the top of my head.

It's not something I'd pay much attention to. So, your best bet would probably be to browse through the reviews of popular models here to see which models have it.

Most newer Nikon (non-DSLR) models appear to get this feature.

Unfortunately, I don't see cropping ability in some of these cameras. So, you may have to dig a bit to find a model that has all of the features you want (or compromise in one area versus the other).

A good place to start your search is our Best Cameras List.

Sorry about the red eye confusion.
I mean is the F30 doesn't have too bad of a redeye problem, so probably u don't really need to fix it.
armadilloshield is offline   Reply With Quote