Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Nov 20, 2006, 1:39 PM   #1

I have narrowed my search down to two cameras. The canon 30d and nikon D200. I take night pictures of cities, lots of car pictures at day and night, and whatever else I find. I want a camera that performs well day and night, with fast shooting speeds and clear pictures at higher ISO settings. I'm looking for unbiased opinions here guys. Thanks.
rockstarb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 20, 2006, 7:09 PM   #2
Super Moderator

Hi Rockstar, you hare probably asked the most difficult question as for a lot of people it is going to be which camp they come from as to which camera they will suggest. Personally I am Canon camp, however if you can afford it the consensus is that the D200 is the better camera. It has a better body in that it is sealed from moisture and dust, more focus points and more controls have individual buttons (some people complain that the Canon 30D is awkward that there are 2 option from a button but for me it is fine). One other big difference which might make up the pricedifference is that theNikon can beused as are remote trigger for the high end flash units where the Canon can't saving a few hunderd $s.There are probably more differences but I would suggest having a play with both of them to see what is going to meet your needs. Personally when I recently moved from Konica Monilta I had the choice but for me it was more that I used to use Canon 6 or so years ago when I was using film and just liked the brand, also I could not see that I would get any gains with the Nikon and lastly I want to get a whatever it is that replaces the 1D Mark II N in the future as I still see Canon as leaders for Sports shooters and this is my main focus.

Hope this helps!

Mark
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2006, 7:32 PM   #3

Yea, I was aware that this was a complicated comparison. I am into a lot of action photography (car and bike events) and do a lot of night photography so the ISO is pulling me towards canon
rockstarb8 is offline   Reply With Quote