Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Nov 30, 2006, 1:22 PM   #21

Just went through the same exersize 10 days ago, the H5 came out on top for the higher ISO performance for low light photography.
Wirraway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2006, 8:17 PM   #22

I agree with Wirraway-

The Sony H-5 has served me very well indeed at ISO 400, as I specialize in Concert and theater photography. Here is a sample photo to back up that claim.

MT/Sarah
Attached Images

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2006, 10:19 PM   #23

MT/Sarah,

Thanks for the actual photos you have shared. They are great. I only hope I can get as good of shots as you did. I think they look great. I am just going to have to do alot of practice and study on using the camera to the best of its abilities.

I ordered the camera today so should have it the first of next week.
HairBear54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2006, 6:06 PM   #24

i just ordered the fz7 after comparing to what my neighbor bought, the kodak z710 and what else is available under $300. all the new cameras amaze me with what they can do. it hasn't been a year since i bought a km 5d but for less than the price of a tele lens i can buy the fz7. i need it for ski pics mostly. i read that panasonic changed the image sensor to help reduce high iso noise but will see. being able to shoot video with sound for as long as the card will hold is an extra. j
jellero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2006, 6:13 PM   #25

Let me know what you think of the Panasonic. I have ordered the H5 and it will be here this week. I will give my evaluation of it after a test run with it. Thanks for your imput.
Old Dec 2, 2006, 6:39 PM   #26

Hairbear-

As a H-5 user myself, and as a person who has had a lot of Panasonic FZ series experience, my guess is that you will be pleasantly surprised by the H-5 and that it will turn out excellent photos. In fact they will probably be better than the FZ-7.

If you need any help, I will be here to lend a hand.

MT/Sarah
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2006, 12:34 AM   #27

mtclimber wrote:
Quote:
Hairbear-

As a H-5 user myself, and as a person who has had a lot of Panasonic FZ series experience, my guess is that you will be pleasantly surprised by the H-5 and that it will turn out excellent photos. In fact they will probably be better than the FZ-7.

If you need any help, I will be here to lend a hand.

MT/Sarah
MT/Sarah,

I Look forward to receiving the camera soon and begin using it. I am old time pro at the old 35mm camera, got out of it and went into the simple point & shoot digitals, so I really look forward to getting the photo feet wet again with this camera. This should allow me to stretch my abilities again and take some unique and beautiful pictures. Living in Arizona we have some awesome scenes to shoot.

I thank you for your offer to help and will surely need to take you up on it from time to time. Thanks!