Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Nov 28, 2006, 12:36 PM   #11

At www.megapixel.net/reviews/fuji-s6000/s6000-gen.phpthere isa review of the S6000fd. It seems that they like itfor the most part.
robbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2006, 2:02 PM   #12

Fantastic! If you could post some photos that would be brilliant! Do you know whats cut back to make it cheaper than its bigger brother s9000?

the review http://www.megapixel.net/reviews/fuj...00-results.php seem to really like the camera, and come to mind i have only heard good things.
aarongroves103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2006, 2:33 PM   #13

aaron-

The Fuji S-6000 arrived just five minutes ago. I have not even opened the documentation yet, but here is the first photo taken with existing light only and no flash inside. I was please with the result.

I also own the S-9000 and I can tell you that the S-6000 is sharper, has better low light level shooting capability, and is just about the same as the S-9000 except that it does not have a Command Dial. Now I will take time out and read the camera documentation and learn a bit more.

MT
Attached Images

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2006, 11:54 PM   #14

Sarah,

Good shot! You must have used almost every decent digital camera of the last 5 years. You are one of the few people I have met who can say from experience that camera A is better than camera B in these aspects, and inferior in these aspects.

I think the S6000 is cheaper than the S9100 because is has no hot shoe for external flashes and it's only 6 megapixels, while the S9100 is 9 megapixels. However, most people will never need 9 megapixels unless they crop a lot or make BIG prints.
robbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2006, 3:53 PM   #15

Thank you, robbo, for the kind words.

You are exactly correct about the S-6000 is cheaper because it lacks a hot shoe and the Command Dial. However, in actual use I like it much better than my S-9000. The photos are sharper and the only real difference is a different imager and processorwith the same lens.

Here is a shot taken at my husband's doctor's appointment this morning without flash at ISO 800 under ceiling mounted flourescent lights. this is a jpeg image. I hope to get a chance to work on some RAW images tomorrow.

MT
Attached Images

Old Nov 30, 2006, 10:43 PM   #16

Hi MtClimber,

Your samples of the S6000fd are great! I am struggling with decision on what to buy for a trip to Egypt (bright sunlight I expect). Fuji S6000fd, S9100 or Kodak p880 are the ones that are at the top of the iceberg.

Have you had your hands on a S9100? I was wondering how the EVF compares to the 6000. With my eyes, I prefer the viewfinder, but found the 6000's EVF looked like lots of little pixels vs smooth image as on the LCD. I liked the EVF on the Kodak, but it isn't as long a telephoto as I was hoping for, but all 3 cameras have the wide angle that I want.

Also- I see you are in Oregon - so too I. Where do you do your digital camera classes? Where do you do your camera shopping?

Thanks!
poppop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2006, 10:54 PM   #17

poppop-

Well, we have also be in Egypt as well. Soin all honesty take the S-6000 with you, it will serve you well.

MT/Sarah