Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Nov 28, 2006, 10:27 PM   #1

Hey all,

Well I've been looking for a digital camera for the past 3 months and still no luck. I did once order one but the place ran out of stock and was not getting any more in. I read Steve's as well as other useful review websites all the time but there always seems to be one or two flaws that holds me back from buying something. I know there's a lot of knowledgeable people here and I was hoping you could help. I suppose I have a specific conception in mind so this might be a challenge for you (all), but I am open to alternatives too. Here are the following specs I'm looking for:

- At least 4.0 MP
- Good battery life (preferrably LI rechargeable)
- Good image quality (specifically night shots); enough at least for normal size pics (I don't need to make posters or anything)
- Effective red-eye reduction
- At least a 640x480 30fps movie mode (preferrably MPEG-4)
- Under $260 Canadian
- Store ships to Canada

I don't really care how big the camera it is or how unstylish it looks; it's the specs that really matter to me. If the camera's a bit complex to use that's not too big either--I can figure it out.

SO, if you could help me out I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks guys (in the inclusive sense)!
fwing11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 29, 2006, 12:27 AM   #2

Fuji F20....it fits your requirements for night time shots and price, but I rarely ever look at the video capability unless it stands out as a feature.
KALEL33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2006, 3:55 PM   #3

Thanks for the advice Kalel (/superman). I've check numerous reviews on the f20 and I was indeed pleased; it also seems to fit just in my price range too. I was going to purchase one but then I came across another post mentioning the "Fuji Finepix F10, F11, F20, F30, or F31FD" as well as other Fuji products that seem similar. Now the F30 is out of the question for me due to price, but given my above criteria and Fuji's F-line in mind, would the F20 still be the best choice?

Thanks all.
Old Dec 1, 2006, 5:44 PM   #4

I think I can get a good deal on the f11, is that as good as the f20?
Old Dec 1, 2006, 6:50 PM   #5

Not really - the F20 has the same 6th generation sensor as the F30, which will give you better low light performance. In addition, the F20 has a stronger flash and better metering.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote