Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 5, 2006, 4:43 AM   #11

I of the sample 1 shoot during morning....using Sanyo xacti s60
Attached Images

frodo sang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2006, 1:27 PM   #12

:| what do you think of the Sanyo S60 ? Its cheap but is it cheerful ? I certainly recommend the E6 !
Little Davel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2006, 7:26 PM   #13

It's quite subjective that depend on what u really need and some little conveniences like batteries & types... I prefer S60 that only use the AA batteries & SD card that can easily get that make travel a great advantage not like others u have to buy extra LIoN batteries which is expensive u see. Other than that Yep most of the functions are similar...
mfreak71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2006, 2:36 AM   #14

:idea:I think the Sanyo range is underated by some online reviewers and DP magazines. From what I can see its up there with the best. I reckon there might be some snobbery with Sanyos old image as cheap and tacky. You are right about the batteries though. I have a couple of Konica Minoltas cam and they use rechargeables which is convenient. My observation about Sanyo is that by using KM lens in the E6 and new E60 - they are taking a slice of the market KM left behind.

The E60 looks interesting with image stabilization - wonder if someone has done a review. Reading Steves reviews - i wonder if he still uses the E6 for family holidays ?
Little Davel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2006, 3:15 AM   #15

Yep, Sanyo launched E60 & S60 early this year, both came with Image stabilizr , not like others that you need to set AIS yourself and shout out loud, maybe it just one of must-have features. If you really go and read the features u will find something interesting like self imaging mirror, it look like what mobile phone has provided indeed it's convinient for travelers, but this little tiny piece of mirror u cant get from other branded cams...
Attached Images

mfreak71 is offline   Reply With Quote