Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Nov 29, 2006, 12:02 AM   #1

Does anybody familiar about Sanyo Xacti S60 6 mgpixel digital camera?
Some say the macro function is good. Please share with me some reviews

TQVM
:-)
mfreak71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 29, 2006, 1:25 AM   #2

I just see the words "Sanyo" and digital camera and makes me quiver.
KALEL33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2006, 5:05 AM   #3

I think pple may have wrong impression about sanyo. No doubt it's old school , but actually they did tons of OEM products for those BRANDED companies u may surprised by how they earn their revenues. Checked with those big shot who spent millions dollars for advertisements and most of the R&D budgets eaten up by ads u see. "Seeing is Believing" always the right quote to find something really good coz we always fooled by the Brandz.. LOL:?
Old Nov 29, 2006, 5:05 AM   #4

As a matter of facts Sanyo created some innovative ideas for home appliances like cordless phone, air conditioners radio receivers at 90's...
And the workmanship speak for them.
Old Nov 29, 2006, 5:06 AM   #5

Just check the Xacti Digicam & underwater housing u will find the diferences. Compare sony, panasonic & others underwater housing Check itout & u will know what is INDUSTRIAL STANDARD.
Old Nov 29, 2006, 5:06 AM   #6

Please don judged by the name or we just buy BRANDED stuff and need no reviews..Haha
Old Nov 30, 2006, 3:06 PM   #7

KALEL33 wrote:
Quote:
I just see the words "Sanyo" and digital camera and makes me quiver.
:| I purchased the Sanyo Xacti E6 several months ago on reading Steves views and other user reviews..........andI have concluded that this camera is particularly excellent. It has an amazing 3 inch screen, Konica Minolta 3 x optical non protruding lens, solid and stylish build quality, sharp images with very good colour reproduction,OK lowlight performance and surprisingly impressive movie mode.

When I first thought of Sanyo - an image of cheap radios and audio gear came into mind. That has completely changed. They are seriously big manufacturers of digital cameras and camcorders with close associations with key cam brands. Their own branded stuff is receiving good reviews.

When looking for a point and shoot - and contemplating the E6 - I tested the Casio Z600 and Panasonic FX01 which were more expensive by far.... they went back to the shop due to uninspiring pictures. The E6 was by far the better camera in my view. Macro mode was a revelation and action shots in good light even stunned a friend (a Canon IXUS 800IS owner) by their clarity ! Apart from some predictable red eye problems - I am struggling to find fault with this unit. The touch sensor autofocus button takes a few moments to get used to - but hey it makes the camera ready really fast ! It uses cheap SD and there is no need for a clumsy charging cradle

From my experience Sanyo is one to watch - and I got 3 year warranty with it ! Good show !
Little Davel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2006, 8:31 PM   #8

I used to believe that "branded" always the right choice, that why when i did surveys wanna buy panasonic LX01 or LX02 so i ran most of the major cam shopz and compare prices(at least 50 -60 shops). So the guy introduced me this "shivering" brand, i really shocked when he said why pay more just bcoz more budget in ads and u won't get wht u really want?

After spending almost a day in shop, the nice guy show me one by one of the branded stuff so called and compare to the features. Actually those so called "L", "N"& "C" quality lens, yes they are good in SLR buy when goes to compact digital, they just used the 2nd grade maybe 3rd grade lenses u see. Imagine the difference between crystal lenses & normal glass lenses which decide the quality of the image...
Attached Images

Old Nov 30, 2006, 8:35 PM   #9

I hv tried the macro mode to shoot a singapore 10 dollar note that tiny red line show the numbers & words very clear butt other s just show blur red line...
Attached Images

Old Dec 1, 2006, 4:08 AM   #10

Sanyo get a from me so far !
Little Davel is offline   Reply With Quote