Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 1, 2006, 12:32 PM   #1

I am looking for a small pocket camera and waslookingat an Olympus FE170 at Jessops today for about £90. Does anyone have one of these, or does anyone have any other recommendation for a different make. I don't want anything special, just something to take pics on the spur of the moment.
hansi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 1, 2006, 12:43 PM   #2

hansi-

It sounds like you are looking for a camera for snapshots. The Olympus FE-190 did not get a very good review. I know you are looking at the FE-170 but that was the closest I could find to it. You might give some consideration to the Kodak C-series cameras or the Sony S-600 which is no longer being manufactured but is still on dealer's shelves here in the USA where I have seen it as low at $99.99, approximately 59 english pounds. I have one and it is an amazing little camera that takes excellent photos.

MT/Sarah
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2006, 1:05 PM   #3

I know that I am repeating myself - but i was looking for the same thing a few months ago and tried Panasonic FX01 and Casio Z600 from Jessops and took them back. Looked at Steves reviews and Letsgodigital and ended up taking what i thought was a risk....... I purchased the Sanyo Xacti E6 from Amazon UK (£115). This cam is fast, small, great 3 inch screen, 3 x konica minolta internal lens and OK lowlight performance. Movie mode is great and macro mode = brill !..... Sanyo are major manufacturers of cams - their own products are good quality.... forget the cheap audio reputation they had years ago !
Little Davel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2006, 1:09 PM   #4

Thank you both. Decisions, decisions:?:?:?
Old Dec 3, 2006, 9:56 AM   #5

I have been looking at various camera and have almost decided on the Sony DSC-T10 but just want to ask about the memory card. My laptop media card reader will take Memory Stick(MS) and Memory Stick Pro (MSP) but this camera uses memory stick duo. Will that be compatible with my laptop please?
Old Dec 3, 2006, 10:16 AM   #6

hansi-

Iam guessing that your card reader will probably handle the Memory Stick Duo because mine does, but it is impossible to say for sure without some "hands-on" testing.

MT/Sarah
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2006, 10:23 AM   #7

Thanks for that, but it's too late when I have already bought the camera, I'll check around first.