Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 3, 2006, 7:23 AM   #11

The S6000 is a Fuji. It has the same sensor as the F30/F31, but it is a large (SLR-like), megazoom camera.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2006, 8:25 PM   #12

OK, another question...........now I own a kodak dx3900 which has the kodak easyshare camera dock which the camera sits on & charges up on whenever it is not in use.

The Fuji F30 & F31...how do you keep them charged up when not in use??

I don't intend to sound stupid............does it just lay around like the ol fashion 35mm with the battery just waiting to go dead?
caps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2006, 8:34 PM   #13

Caps-

You charge the F-30 and the D-6000fd just like any other digital camera. Through a direct connection with a110v circuit. Believe me other cameras do indeed charge a bit differently than the earlier Kodak camera, such as your 3900 nmodel.

MT/Sarah
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2006, 8:39 PM   #14

OK, I just wanted to be sure I didn't HAVE to order that charger adapter they sell..unless I was travelling and wanted to charge up in the car.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 9:49 PM   #15

Thank you!

Another question - I am reading about the memory cards.....appears there are 2 versions of XD memory cards - Type H and Type M.

I am reading Type H is faster & helps to NOT increase the shutter lag.

Does this mean I need to (or should) buy a Type H XD Memory Card ???
Does it HAVE to be a Fuji Brand?

It also seems I have read Type H is for outside the USA and Type M is for the USA....oh, gee, here I go getting confused once more!:? I did a search to buy Type H Fuji Memory Card & it gives me UK sites to shop at.

EDIT: So, I am reading 92+ reviews on Amazon.com about the Fuji Type M XD Memory Card and am reading things like a card reading not being able to read the FUJI.......Beach Camera shows a card reader I "should" buy with my camera but who says it will really work to download the pictures??? Now, I am feeling stressed.

With my kodak easy share I only have to push a button & BAM all my pics are downloaded super quick......
Thanks for your patience & for staying with me!

Thanks again!!

Old Dec 4, 2006, 4:40 AM   #16

Actually, there are three versions of xD card...'no letter designation', 'M' and 'H'. There are also several brands available. Without getting into a long winded discussion over which is best for which application (which happens sometimes on this forum), it doesn't really matter...it doesn't really matter...it doesn't really matter...stop doing so much research, buy a camera and start capturing precious moments.

the Hun

Old Dec 4, 2006, 8:05 AM   #17

Ok, so it doesn;t matter which memory card, what about,

EDIT: So, I am reading 92+ reviews on Amazon.com about the Fuji Type M XD Memory Card and am reading things like a card reading not being able to read the FUJI.......Beach Camera shows a card reader I "should" buy with my camera but who says it will really work to download the pictures??? Now, I am feeling stressed
Old Dec 4, 2006, 11:18 AM   #18

Caps-

Any normal card reader that can read XD cards will read XD cards in sizes up to 512mb. For 1gb XD cards you are going to have to have a card reader designed to read the 1gb XD cards, because the coding is different on the 1gb and higher XD cards.

My Lexar reader can only read XD cards up to 512mb in size.For my 1gb XD cards, I have to have touse a different reader. I have a newer reader that can read all sizes of XD cards. It does not have even a brand name, It just reads on the top: "20in1Reader-usb 2.0"

Sothe question you should specifically ask is this: "Can this card reader read 1gb XD cards?" it is as simple as that.

MT/Sarah
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2006, 12:05 PM   #19

You don't "need" to buy a card reader. I've never used one...I upload my pics through a USB cable...simple...

the Hun

Old Dec 4, 2006, 10:37 PM   #20

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP.............TONIGHT I ORDERED THE FUJI F30 FROM BEACH CAMERA!!!! CANNOT WAIT TO GET IT NEXT WEEK SOMETIME!

I AM SURE I WILL HAVE LOTS OF READING TO DO TO OPERATE IT PROPERLY BUT I AM PSYCHED!!!!

THANKS SO MUCH!!!