Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 5, 2006, 12:23 PM   #21

John-

That is an excellent answer, and I agree with you thoroughly. When a camera such as the Fuji S-6000/S-6500 is used you will have to accept some compromises. Truly, a camera selling in the USA for just$US 374.00 delivered, cannot fully and completely compete with an upscale DSLR camera.

However, the results, while showing some motion blur will be better than we have seen in the past. At the end of the day, it will be only bygoing to a full blown upscale DSLR that you can achieve better results. Folks, considering the Fuji S-6000/S-6500 has to keep those issues in mind.

MT/Sarah
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2006, 12:29 PM   #22

I knew we'd find common ground. Amazing what can happen when we have a good natured debate without "yelling" and name calling.

Also one of the things I like about this forum. There are multiple viewpoints. It's always good to hear from multiple people before making a decision.

JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2006, 12:37 PM   #23

Thanks, John!

Mt/Sarah
Old Dec 5, 2006, 6:28 PM   #24

sarah, thanks so much for the advice. i hope i can follow up after i get the camera when it comes to taking certain shots. two specifically that drove me nuts were first when i was taking a shot of a person and there was brightlight behind and ocean so the subject was always dark. the second was at a olive press and i tried several times to catch the olives in a frozen shot as they flew off the belt. each time they came out blurry.i would to return the help one day. i doubt you would need an article written but myfamily owns a huge candy & gift basket store so keep it in mind. jeff
bj5011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2006, 8:04 PM   #25

jeff-

The very best of luck to you. I honestly think you are moving in the correct direction. We will always be here in the Forum ready to help you. The bottom line to good photography is understanding light and how much of it you have to deal with inyour photo. Both of your photo situations revolve around light. There is a book called "Understanding Exposure" that might be helpful.

All the best.

MT/sarah