Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 7, 2006, 8:33 AM   #11

I am curious, why the Canon 30D instead of the Rebel xti? It does seem though that Canon/Nikon have more lenses available.

I do have to say I like the idea of Image Stabilization IN camera, so the Pentax K10D is extra tempting. There doesn't seem to be a Review for it here, but I found it over at http://www.dpreview.com/articles/pentaxk10d/

Plus many years ago (high school!) I took a manual photography course and used a Pentax SLR, so I have a soft spot for Pentax... (Though my first digitalcamera was a Nikon and my 2nd a Canon.)We developed our own film and prints during that class.Problem is that I don't seem to remember any of it so when I read D-SLR reviews my eyes sort of glaze over and I skip to the Pictures and the Conclusions. I'll see if I can find some kind of online series of Digital Photography tutorials and kickstart my brain.

I'm just having serious time issues in general and when I'm outside and a butterfly suddenly flies by it's easier to just use a P&S to catch the moment before it's gone then to mess with manual settings.

dohernan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2006, 9:45 AM   #12

dohernan-

I agree the link to the www.dpreview.com Pentax K10D preview looks pretty impressive.

MT/Sarah
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2006, 10:21 AM   #13

I can't wait for their full Review, I really want to see their photo comparisons.

I'm thinking Pentax is the way I would like to go. Now if only I could win the lotto because it is all well out of my budget.I'd want very good lenses for extreme close-ups and of course lenses for distance shots. At least I don't take pictures of indoor sports.
dohernan is offline   Reply With Quote