Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 3, 2006, 9:56 AM   #1

Is there? My mom is looking to but a new camera, but notices she usually leaves in on Auto when she is taking pictures. Is there one that is better than another? Or one I should tell her to stay away from? Thanks
kayleezmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 3, 2006, 10:38 AM   #2

KLMom-

It sure would help a lotif we couldunderstand what kind of shots that she likes to take?? Are these just family snapshots? What percentage are flash shots? Are there an low light level shots? Any sporting event shots? Would IS be helpful to her? Doe she want lots of zoom?

Is there any particular brands or cameras that she hates or really likes?

Based solely on the little bit of information that we have thus far, she might take a look at the Kodak C-743 which is on sale this week in Walmart's ad (at least in my area of the USA) at $149.99. It is a nice purse size compact camera with 3X optical zoom and 7.2mp of resolution.

MT/Sarah
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2006, 11:26 AM   #3

sorry, mostly family shots. Indoor with flash and outdoor shots. She is usually trying to capture a pic of my 3 year old who isalmost alwaysmoving at a rapid pace :-) She wants to spend under $500, and it doesn't have to be pocket size. Just a good camera for the money that will take good shots on Auto, thanks
kayleezmom is offline   Reply With Quote