Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 3, 2006, 12:18 PM   #1

Hi there,

I saw an advertising for a *ist DL2 with kit lens (SMC-DA 18-55/3,5-5,6) plus 1GB SanDisk SD-card for 444,- EURO (Germany)

Since I already tested the *ist DL (body, holding, menu, controls - just the "feel" factor) and liked it...

What do you think about the DL2? It has no image stabilisation but if it's a solid camera with good performance (holiday/hobby/free time, all-around family/people/outdoor/landscape/animal "catch the moment" photography) I'd give it a try.

I need snappy performance, bullet-proof autofocus, good battery life time, "easy" mode for my wife and daughter and some advanced stuff (manual/shutter/aperture pririty, f-stop +-, ... nothing too fancy). Good continuous shooting performance for movements would be a plus.

ISO looks good too...

Or is this just a waste of money and should I aim for a K1xx???

TIA for your opinions!
thkn777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 3, 2006, 12:31 PM   #2

thkn-

That seems to be a reasonable price, when you consider camera prices in Germany. When I purchased my Pentax K100d, I kept my DS model and still use it a lot. Yes, SR is very nice indeed to have, especially if you are using a long zoom lens.

If it were my choice, I would give it a try, providingI couldwork a 7 day trial kind of transaction with the seller.

MT/Sarah
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2006, 4:45 AM   #3

Thanks Sarah,
the price did drop even more, 397,00 EUR plus shipping now!

I made a more detailed post in the Pentax SLR forum since I feel this is more something for the Pentax community only... hope I didn't make a mistake here... it's here: http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=80

Unfortunately I haven't found a seller with trial in my area yet... still looking.

Regards,
Th.

mtclimber wrote:
Quote:
thkn-

That seems to be a reasonable price, when you consider camera prices in Germany. When I purchased my Pentax K100d, I kept my DS model and still use it a lot. Yes, SR is very nice indeed to have, especially if you are using a long zoom lens.

If it were my choice, I would give it a try, providingI couldwork a 7 day trial kind of transaction with the seller.

MT/Sarah
Old Dec 12, 2006, 2:10 AM   #4

Wee... I ordered for 479,00 EUR plus shipping for the camara bundle + 2GB Sandisk SD card.

Thanks for all the help.
Old Dec 12, 2006, 6:53 AM   #5

thkn-

That sounds reasonable, I sincerely hope that the deal works out well for you.

MY/Sarah
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2006, 11:12 AM   #6

Thanks for the wishes

Local reseller's best price in my area is 499,00 EUR for body and kit lens, so I think that price is quite hot. If I add taxes and the (possible) guarantee handling problems when I order from US or Hong Kong it is better to buy here...

Will give a big HURRAY when it's here and I took the first piccies!

/wave