Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 5, 2006, 3:37 PM   #21
fdi

Thanks for the compliments on MS blues man. I am pretty sure that was with my D30 which I later upgraded to D60 and still have. I will eventually upgrade to a full sensor SLR but right now my picture framing business has kept me away from my photography. I was very happy with MS blues man because it was the first time in my life that I visualized the picture in my mind before I took it. Previously I had always just looked for images to capture as opposed to imagining an image to create. That picture also included some significant photoshop work. My subject was not thrilled because I filtered the channels in the black & white conversion to maximize detail and essentially made him look 10 years older than he is. I did another picture where I did the opposite along with some smoothing to make him look 10 years younger. His wife wanted the one where he looks older.

Mark http://www.framedestination.com

mtclimber wrote:

Quote:
fdi-

I surely do agree with flipped gazelle, the Mississippi Blue Man is very nice indeed. It dates back to 2002, what camera were you using then? The Canon A-700 IS had not been released. Great galleries!

MT/Sarah
fdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2006, 3:45 PM   #22

fdi-

That is really a very wonderful story. I really like your work. You have a very good eye for photos. That ability to sort of "pre-visualize" the finished photo will always pay off in "pure gold" photos for you.

MT/Sarah
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2006, 8:34 PM   #23
fdi

Thanks Sarah, now my only problem is when I have an idea for an image I dont have the skill to create, but that helps push me to learn more.

Cheers,

Mark

mtclimber wrote:
Quote:
fdi-

That is really a very wonderful story. I really like your work. You have a very good eye for photos. That ability to sort of "pre-visualize" the finished photo will always pay off in "pure gold" photos for you.

MT/Sarah
fdi is offline   Reply With Quote