Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jan 3, 2007, 7:19 PM   #161

This was taken at hi iso or possibly ISO 400 - not sure which since canon doesn't give the info in the EXIF data in a way thatcan be read... Since my friend's old canon SD10has a maximum iso of400, I thinkwe used that. Again, this was taken with the Canon SD800IS - no flash
Attached Images

itzme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2007, 7:21 PM   #162

Canon SD800IS auto with flash.
Attached Images

Old Jan 3, 2007, 7:24 PM   #163

Salad close-up taken with Canon SD10 ISO 400 - which is the max ISO for that tiny old camera.... Taken with NO FLASH. For my money, I'd rather have the old camera....

Attached Images

Old Jan 3, 2007, 7:27 PM   #164

Hi Irene, I missed your first post on Monday and just saw it now. I get the exif data for every photo through Photoshop Elements 5. In the organizer I just have to click on properties. I does help to see where you went wrong. It helps more with my Fuji because I get a bit more info on the manual settings. I have been sick ever since Dec 26 so did not get out to the parties where I hoped to test this camera. I called the store and they havegiven me another two weeks to decide on the camera. I found a site that explained all the workings today and gave my litttle 700 a good review. I sat with the camera and learned a lot from his explanations. I think I will be satisfied for now- because a fresh batch will be out by next Christmas!!! I was sooo pleased with the photos that I took on our 23 day cruise through the Panama last November and made an excellent video DVD for our friends with music and all. That was my first attempt with digital because I did not know what was out there or anything about taking photos except on auto. The more you know the more you fret!! I have an 11 x 14 framed photo in our hallway of a little girl from Curacao. She has huge eyes. I cropped this from my Fuji F700 and I get so many compliments on this. Who knew - it just turned out to be a wonderful image when I didn't even know what I was doing. I hope you get something you like soon so you can get onto some photography and try an editing programme which can be a lot of fun.

Shari
Shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2007, 8:10 PM   #165

Hi Shari,

I'm sorry you're still not feeling well.It really pays to have a reputable dealer like the one you'redealing with. They're very generous extended the trial period the additional 2 weeks. Small local dealers will do that just for the good will that brings more customers. Good will is better than a bad reputation.

I have tried to get the ISO information on photos taken with theCanon SD800. As I recall, when the camera is set to auto, it doesn't give the ISO info. My friend has Elements, Photoshop, and Picasa. In addition, I have Paint Shop Pro 9, PSP VI, Corel Firesnap, ACDSee, FujiFinepix viewer, Paintshop Photo Album, not to mention all the software that comes loaded on computers that run Windows - from Picture Manager to ???? Pretty much the ONLY thing that my friend found was one online service that was able to "see" the Canon ISO information from the SD800IS - That was FOTKI! I'm not saying that you can't get any EXIF data - just can't get the iso...

At this point, for me it's not an issue with the canon, since I returned the SD800. I would never be happy with the indoor, no flash pictures from the camera. I wasn't interested in trying every single possible combination to get a picture to "come out". I want to have a reasonable hope that AUTO can do a half decent job, without a lot of fiddling... If I get too overwhelmed by a large number of bad pix I'll end up shelfing the camera.

My husband and son both have a good eye and quick hand. In addition, my son has a quirky eye for unusual pix.Hopefully, I'll have a camera that I'll want to use and get lots of pictures and improve along the way. Yes, the more you know, the more you fret!Its' appropriately referred to as "Analysis Paralysis".

Irene
Old Jan 3, 2007, 9:20 PM   #166

hi everyone,

Happy New Year to all. Sorry i am new in this forum. I dont know if you guys could help me or not. But i am just trying my luck anyways. I am wondering if the Casio EX-Z70 is any good? I hear everyone seems to be facinated by the Fuji but i've not heard about this particular model. I wonder if its worth me getting it. Reason for me trying out this particular camera is coz of its slim body. I owned this kinda old Ricoh camera and its way too slow for me now and its kinda bulky as well. Could you guys help give me some advice on this Casio?

tq

nad
nnadeeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2007, 9:42 PM   #167

Hi Nad,

When I was looking into purchasing a new camera, I posted this thread hoping to get an idea about which of the 2 cameras might be better for me - the Fuji F31fd or the Canon SD800IS. There have been lots of posts mainly about those 2 cams. You'd likely get more ideas about a particular camera by going to the forum for that brand of camera. If you really aren't decided about what camera you want, there is a questionnaire on this forumthat asks about your needs and preferences. If you fill that out and post it in this forum, people will try to help you. Post questions in both forums. I can't help with the Casio that you're asking about. I trieda Casio EX-Z60in November, and I wasn't happy with it because of the picture quality in low light even with flash. But I am a real novice. Good luck with whatever you decide!

Irene
Old Jan 4, 2007, 10:50 AM   #168

does the fuji f30 allow the date to be imprinted on pictures? i just got the canon sd800 and notice that i can not have the date on my pictures imprinted by the camera. its kind of a deal breaker for me, since i have kids and loose track on when pictures were taken. i like the camera but im still debating between the f30 and the sd800. also, does the fujihave a button to review the last picture takenquickly? the canon doesnt. you have to go into the view mode to check the pictures. i had a sony what when you took a picture you can hit one button to review the last picture, which was nice. if the fuji f30 had a view finder it would be an easier decision.
one028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2007, 11:34 AM   #169

also i notice the colors are way off on the sd800..

this is my sony p10 and it shows the colors correctly..the bike helmet is my daughters and it is purple.

here is the picture with my new canon sd800 and it looks blue..

even here bike that is purple looks blue...

Old Jan 4, 2007, 11:51 AM   #170

im not to thrilled with the sd800..here are more

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"sony p10...old camera which has the right color

canon sd800...its BLUE and in real life its not.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"