Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 6, 2006, 4:39 PM   #1

Well, the lid of the battery compartment of my QV-R40 has broken and after 4 years, i think its time for a new CASIO. I want an exilim and im particularly interested in the ones with charging cradles. Im a college student (broke) and i take a LOT make-up pics (not sure if that matters).
Which is considerately priced, 5 mp or higher, has charging cradle and is stylish? Help please!
slavetolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 6, 2006, 5:53 PM   #2

The S600 and S770 have cradles. The S600 is currently cheaper. The Z850 also has a cradle and is currently about $20 cheaper online than the S770 and around $33 more than the S600 from trusted stores. The S600 and S770 are more stylish and thinner but the Z850 has more features.
slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2006, 10:37 PM   #3

thanks for your reply. What store would you advise me to buy from and also, what websites?
slavetolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2006, 9:09 PM   #4

Note: Careful about the exilims.. I recently purchased my first camera which was an Exilim EX-Z700.

The camera was alright. But after 1-2months i had the "lens error" problem. The lens won't come out of its compartment which means I cant take any photos or record until I repair it. After doing some research on the net I found a lot of other users have had the same problem with me. search up exilim lens error on google..

I'm now thinkin whether I should get it repaired or just save up for a new camera. Some users that I read on the net said the warranty didnt cover that type of "error".. and I dont have any warranty anyway as I got it overseas :/

There is an obvious design flaw in the exilim series and I for one will never buy casio's ever again. What a waste of money

Just a warning.
bullseye21 is offline   Reply With Quote