Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 8, 2006, 3:22 PM   #1

I love the simplicity of my little mini-camera! I take all the pictures I want, plug into my computer, keep the ones I want and edit them, then take the battery out of the camera and start all over again. I do this time and time again! It's perfect for taking pictures of stuff to sell on ebay for one thing. I just wish I could buy a full-sized camera that worked the same way. I would like at least 5megapixels with a viewing screen on the back, but every camera I have bought or tried just eats UP batteries, or just plain does not work! I am no camera nut and not "up" on the cutting edge of technology, so I need something easy to use. I don't have a lot of money either, nor do I plan to make movies or anything but just basic photography. Why is this so damn hard to find?? Just a large, standard size version of the mini digital Innovage camera would be perfect for me. I want a camera that doesn't necessarily need a "card" to put the photos on, just a connection to the computer where I can transfer the pictures over and go from there. Once I put the pix in the computer, I don't need them in the camera any more. Can anyone offer me any ideas? Does such a camera even exist? Thanks so much for any help.
LittleBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 8, 2006, 5:13 PM   #2

LittleBear-

In as much as the Innovage Camera is on sale at www.amazon.com for $19.99, it is to to take some sticker shock to move up to more mp. Why not take a look at the Canon A-530 with an average internet price of $119, or a Kodak C-433 with an average internet price of $93.00.

MT/Sarah
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2006, 5:44 PM   #3

In as much as the Innovage Camera is on sale at http://www.amazon.com for $19.99, it is to to take some sticker shock to move up to more mp. Why not take a look at the Canon A-530 with an average internet price of $119, or a Kodak C-433 with an average internet price of $93.00.

Hello and thanks for the reply, but I already have the camera for ten bucks and love it. What I would like is one just like it only with more mps, that is really all. I love the way it doesn't need a card or anything, just computer connection to d/l the photos.

I have two other digital cameras, one an Oregon Scientific that just has one problem after another, and the other is an old HP that eats up batteries like they are m&m's!
Old Dec 9, 2006, 10:14 AM   #4

Is this a hoax?
Lesbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2006, 12:13 PM   #5

Is this a HOAX? Why would it be a hoax? Can you help me or not? I'm just asking what I thought was a simple question. Are all digital cameras battery eaters? Are there any that are easy to use with 5-7 megapixels?
Old Dec 9, 2006, 12:19 PM   #6

There are no 5 to 7 mepixel cameras without slots for memory cards that cost less than 100 bucks. If you are willing to buy a charger and rechargeable batteries, there are some decent cameras for less than $150.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Please use a standard font. Otherwise, it is hard to read your posts.
robbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2006, 12:22 PM   #7

Thank you for your help! Sorry about the font &color, I agree with you! So, most of the newer cameras are better with battery life then too? This old HP is horrible!
Old Dec 9, 2006, 1:27 PM   #8

My camera gets between 350 and 400 pictures on one charge with rechargeable NiMH batteries, depending on the capacity of the batteries, the state of charge when I start using them, and how much zooming and flashing I do. Some of the newer models may actually be better.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2006, 1:41 PM   #9

I don't know where the OP lives, but at places like Target and Walmart and other such big stores, you can usually find rechargers for $20 or less. You can get 4 AA rechargeable batteries (2500 Mah) for about $10. I think it's a great investment.

My recommendations for the OP - consider the cameras that mtclimber suggested. I got the C433 for one of my friends and she likes it a lot. If you can afford it, and can afford to wait a little to save some money, consider the cameras that cost $150 or so. They have better picture quality, more ability to take good pictures in a variety of situations (low light, action settings, portraits, etc.), and just plain more advanced options that you may want to learn to use later on.

Kodak cameras are usually easy to use. The Canon Powershot A530 is easy to use but has more advanced features, too.

Good luck!
Old Dec 9, 2006, 1:41 PM   #10

I don't know where the OP lives, but at places like Target and Walmart and other such big stores, you can usually find rechargers for $20 or less. You can get 4 AA rechargeable batteries (2500 Mah) for about $10. I think it's a great investment.

My recommendations for the OP - consider the cameras that mtclimber suggested. I got the C433 for one of my friends and she likes it a lot. If you can afford it, and can afford to wait a little to save some money, consider the cameras that cost $150 or so. They have better picture quality, more ability to take good pictures in a variety of situations (low light, action settings, portraits, etc.), and just plain more advanced options that you may want to learn to use later on.

Kodak cameras are usually easy to use. The Canon Powershot A530 is easy to use but has more advanced features, too.

Good luck!