Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 24, 2006, 11:55 AM   #1

I thought that learning about the lens were impossible...Can someone just give me the name of a card that would work for the Canon 20d. I will be shooting primarily sports, so I need something quick enough. I am so in over my head.:?

Thanks,

FB Mom
futbol mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 24, 2006, 12:12 PM   #2

Any CF should work just fine in the 20D or 30D ... if you are shooting RAW in longish bursts, then you might want a very fast card (butmany do not shoot bursts).You can't go wrong with Ultra II, III or Extreme cards, but they are also quite expensive.

I use the Hitachi 4gb CF microdrive , a couple of Ultra II and III, a 2gb Transcend, and a 4gb Ritek Silver and a couple of ones I can't remember that were given to me. The Transcend and Ritek offer great bang for the buck from Newegg and I can easily recomend both those brands and Newegg.
hgernhardtjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2006, 12:25 PM   #3

Thank you so much for the direction. I doubt I will be shooting in RAW very often. :-)

FB Mom

Old Dec 24, 2006, 12:55 PM   #4
Super Moderator

I personally use SanDisk Extreme III cards as I have found them to be very fast and now you can get them for a really good price. Before that I used Kingston Pro 50x cards that were/are nowhere nearly quick enough for sports work as the buffer took a long time to clear.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2006, 1:10 PM   #5

Thanks Mark. I just googled them, and I see that there are a couple of cards. There was an SD and a CF??? Also, is a 1GB ok, or do I need 2GB???

Thx,

FB
Old Dec 24, 2006, 1:17 PM   #6
Super Moderator

The 20D uses CF (compact flash) cards. As for size the larger the card the less you will need to change it. Personally I use 3 1GB cards as they were a lot lower in price than half of the 2GB, however I also have a 40Gb Giga One backup drive that goes with me so if I am shooting numerous events in one day then will not run out of space. When in jpg mode you will get 250 shots or more depending on the colours etc and in RAW it is going to be approx 100.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote