Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 27, 2006, 12:16 PM   #1

Hi

I have a Canon Ixus 40 which is great and fits in a pocket. I would like something better, particularly in low light as the flash kind of kills things.
I know that SLRs are great but they are bulkier and I most probably would never change the lens. I mainly take photos of my grandchildren
myducksoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 27, 2006, 7:14 PM   #2

Hmm, do you have any more exact specifications?

Also, if you are still looking for pocket-size you need a small compact or an ultra-compact. You might want to look at the Canon SD600 (or one of the newer models in it's line like the SD800 IS). That will still have the killer flash issue though. Just about every compact camera will in fact.

The one that I hear about with great low light performance is the Fuji F30. It has amazing low-light performance, probably the best from any compact on the market.

The other cameras with great low light performance would be DSLR, and that is not my area of expertise, so you might have to wait for somebody else if you would like to take the DSLR route.
Morag2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2006, 6:47 AM   #3

Thanks for your comments. I am looking at a Panasonic Lumix DMC F27 and a Cann Powershot A710 not sure which is best in low light
myducksoup is offline   Reply With Quote