Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jan 17, 2007, 2:42 PM   #1

Hi All,

I'm looking for a new digital camera. I used to have an SD700, but I sold it to my uncle when I was on vacation. I liked the features of the sd700, but wanted more manual controls. So my instinct is to go with the g7. I'm seeing several reviews slamming the g7, but of the omissions from the g6, I'm only bothered with the slower lens. Is the g7 worth buying or should I just purchase another sd700. There is about a $160 difference in price between the two.

One qualm with the 700 is the build quality. I ended up dropping it (i had it in a case) and the panel near the shutter button poped up. I had to remove some screws before I could put the panel back. Pictures were still perfect. However, I am more inclined to find a camera which has a stronger build but would like to retain the small size and image quality.

Thanks in advance.
unrealii is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 18, 2007, 10:20 PM   #2

i have the sd700, and while i love it to death, im looking to sell it for the G7. larger lens + 10mp + full manual controls = better images.
sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2007, 10:17 AM   #3

However, you must keep in mind that the G-7 is a rather sizable camera. Go to a camera shop and handle it a bit before making that decision.

MT/Sarah
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2007, 1:18 AM   #4

Thanks for the help. Finally decided on an a710is. I am quite happy with it. Played around with the g7, wasn't too impressed.
unrealii is offline   Reply With Quote