Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jan 24, 2007, 8:19 PM   #21

Just curious as to the above mentioned question.

Thanks guys!!
choop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2007, 9:11 AM   #22

When you get your P880, the default setting on picture quality will probably be the highest resolution of 8 MP (3264 x 2448). If you change this to the next setting down, 7.1 MP (3264 x 2176), this gives a 3:2 print size. This is the same proportion as a 6 x 4 print, so these prints will look the pictures that you take.

1eyedeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2007, 11:27 AM   #23

Choop-

Yes, you can get your prints done at Costco, Walmart and the like using standard printing formats. To do that you will have to make one adjustment in the camera.

Here is how to do it:

(1) Turn the P-880 to the "ON" position.

(2) Press the MUNU button located on the lowest portion of the P-88o back (LCD side of the camera)

(3) At the top of the displayed menu you will notice that there are 3 pages available to you. The first page shows a camera symbolwith a plus sign. The second page displays only a camera symbol. The third page shows a camera symbol with a wrench next to the camera.

(4) Using the joystick select the SECOND page, moving the joystick to the right will open the second page of this menu.

(5) You will now see displayed all of the options available on the second page of the menu, and the words "PICTURE SIZE" highlighted

(6) Now push the joystick directly inward. This will disply the various "PICTURE SIZE" options. The "8.0mp" size will be highlighted.

(7) Once again move the joystick in a downard motion so that you highlight the "7.1mp (3:2)".

(8) With the "7.1mp (3:2) highlighted, push the joystick straight inward to select the "7.1mp (3:2)" setting.

Now your photos will be sized perfectly to fit on a standard 4" X 6" print. As you can see from the attached photo, you still get that highly desireable wide angle effect, the only difference is that the full image can now be prints as a standard 4" X 6" print.

I hope that helps.

MT/Sarah
Attached Images

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2007, 1:00 PM   #24

I honestly can't thank you all enough, especially you Sara. You have been soooo helpful and saved me soooo much time!! You guys suggested this camera right from the start and I didn't have to spend hours online looking and reading reviews. The P-880 has everything I want and I'm sure I'll be happy to have it in my hand as we tour Europe. Again thank you so very much, you have made our upcoming honeymoon that much more enjoyable.

I'll share the pics with you all when we get back.

-- Chris
Old Jan 25, 2007, 4:37 PM   #25

Choop/Chris-

'Glad we could help out. We'll look forward to seeing some great photos.

MT/Sarah
Old Jan 25, 2007, 7:12 PM   #26

Even if your pictures are not in3 X 2or 7 X 5 or 10 X 8 proportion dimensions (the default ratio seems to be 4 X 3 with digicams), you can crop them to the right dimensions when you go to Costo or wherever (even on your home computer with basic photo editing software). Yes, it's true - if you have 1,000 pictures, cropping each individually is a royal pain in the neck.
robbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2007, 8:10 PM   #27

Ok, so unfortunately I'm back. Beach Camera sold out of the p-880 and I can't seem to find the camera (non-refurbished) from a reputable dealer for less than 350-400 bucks!! Any deals out there that anyone knows about, or know where I can get a good deal on this baby?? I can't wait to start shooting!!
Old Jan 29, 2007, 8:19 PM   #28

www.computergeeks.com has refurbished P-880's for $299 with less than 10 bucks for shipping. I have bought stuff from them before and found their service satisfactory. Also, they list the camera as having a one year guarantee, not 90 days. If there is a one year guarantee, I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them.
robbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2007, 8:41 PM   #29

Choop-

Please look on e-bay.com atKodak.auctions whichis dumping a whole bunch of refurbished Kodak Camera, including the P-880 camera. I think you will be able to find one there.

What about www.costco.com, are they out of as well?

MT/Sarah
Old Jan 29, 2007, 8:51 PM   #30

robbo has totally nailed it, Choop-

Computer geeks has the best price at $(US)299.00 with a full 1 year guarantee.

Here is the link:

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?Inv...meras-_-P880-R

I think that is the best deal right now. Just like robbo, I have also had dealings with computergeeks, and they are very reputable and safe.

MT/Sarah