Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jan 23, 2007, 5:45 AM   #1

I am looking to buy a used camera on Ebay that has manual controls for both the aperture and shutter. Similar to what the Canon A510 has, but in a different brand. I would like to avoid the Canons A70 and A75 due to their history with faulty CCD. Thanks.
Don54660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 23, 2007, 5:51 AM   #2

I have a Panasonic FZ5. It is 5MP with aperture and shutter manual controls. I got it from Amazon for ~$280 a year ago. Very nice camera, 12X optical zoom and IS makes shooting very nice and easy. There is a FZ4 4MP model also that looks to be very similar to the FZ5. Not sure if that is what you are looking for, but I was on the market for big zoom + manual controls and love the FZ5. Good Luck.
freeman.joshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2007, 3:22 AM   #3

Maybe a Fuji E-550.

kenbalbari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2007, 3:19 PM   #4

I bought an Olympus C-4000 a few years ago as a refurb from ebay.
It turned out to be a really GREAT camera.

The limitations are size, speed, card size and battery life. Takes AA batteries, a bit slow on start up but the image quality is really A++. It offers manual settings as well as auto and is pretty easy to use. The newer c series seemed to lose the image quality and got bigger in size so stick with the c-4000 and its 4 megapixel quality. Noise is pretty low too. If your looking for quality, go with this affordable model. My entire company uses this camera to take photos for a local newsprint magazine. I can get quality 8x10 prints out of most of the images I take. Well worth looking into if you can get over the negatives. In this case you get more that what you pay for, so its worth it.

You can probably find a new, used or refurb for around $50 give or take. Check out ebay or amazon.com.
FoxyImaging is offline   Reply With Quote