Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Feb 10, 2007, 3:39 AM   #71

potter99 wrote:
Quote:
I've decided on the d40. Thanks for everyone's help. Erin
and today? still the d40? i have to say - if i had the funds, i think i would go for the d40 as well.
dumfriesdick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2007, 11:02 AM   #72

Dick-

When you analyze what the Nikon D-40 can do and the high quality photos that it produces, the D-40 is a very well priced DSLR camera.

Add to that an advanced and well integrated flash system. The SB-400 Flash is a good example. It will work on all Nikon DSLR cameras, but it was targeted at the D-40 to further carry on the idea that by reducing the size of your kit, and offering more shooting convenience, you will actually use the D-40 more than your larger DSLR cameras.

MT/Sarah

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2007, 8:10 PM   #73

dumfriesdick wrote:
Quote:
potter99 wrote:
Quote:
I've decided on the d40. Thanks for everyone's help. Erin
and today? still the d40? i have to say - if i had the funds, i think i would go for the d40 as well.
Still the d40. Will purchase this weekend with kit lens and SB-400 flash :-).
potter99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2007, 8:17 PM   #74

mtclimber wrote:
Quote:
Erin-

Congratulations! Now it time time to take some greatphotos of the kids and post them. We will be here to help you, Erin!

MT/Sarah
Thanks again for the enormous amount of help you and others have given. Wondering if there is a record for longest thread in "what camera should I buy?" I will definitely post photos but I think I have to wait until I am given the camera for my birthday! Erin
Old Feb 10, 2007, 8:32 PM   #75

We are patient, Erin-

Just enjoy the D-40 for your birthdayand post some photos when it is convenient for you. Good shooting!

MT/Sarah
Old Feb 13, 2007, 1:50 PM   #76

Here is another sample photo (a casual portrait)using the D-50 and the SB-400 flash in the bounce mode. This photo was taken using the Nikkor 18-200mmVR lens.

MT/Sarah
Attached Images

Old Feb 15, 2007, 12:20 AM   #77

I know it's not a D-SLR but I use a bounce flash on my Fuji S9100. Non dedicated.

And one that is Black on Black on Black :?

madecov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2007, 7:25 AM   #78

Sarah, Thanks for posting the new picture of your husband demonstrating bounce flash with the d50 and SB-400.(Is that your new lens?) I compared it with the similar Kodak P series from your earlier post. Although they were all nice, I'm glad I went with the d40 and can't wait to get to play with it! I ended up deciding to wait a little while on the flash since I need to buy some accessories to protect the camera first. The Sb-400 is definitely next on my list.

Madecov, your pictures with your Fuji and the nondedicated flash look really nice. Pretty cats. The S9100 was a camera I had considered as well.

Erin
Old Feb 15, 2007, 9:53 AM   #79

Good Moring, Madecov and Erin-

Madecov-

Yes, bounce flash can be very effective lighting. Madecov you did a great job with a non-dedicated flash. The cat photos are wonderful. Watch the amount of light however, the photo of the yellow cat is very near to having some blown highlights.

Erin-

It sounds like you are moving ahead nicely. The more I use the SB-400 flash in any mode, the more astonished I am thatwith the camera and the SB-400 working together, that duo does all of the work for you and you can concentrate on creativity.

The lens I used on the last photo posted was the Nikkor 18-200mmVR that has been so difficult to get. I can now see why folks are so pleased with the lens. It really has resolving power and does a great job. For example, take a look at this photo of Bradley. You can clearly see one hair sticking out at the back of his head.

MT/Sarah
Attached Images

Old Feb 19, 2007, 1:51 PM   #80

mtclimber wrote:
Quote:
Russ-

Please! I have followed the prices on the Pentax flashesreligiously, day after day, and year after year! If you got itthat Pentax Flashfor that price, in all honesty, you had a gun in your hands. Please give us the facts... a bit of accuracry, a bit of truth,if you could please. Thanks!

MT/Sarah
Geez, I didn't know I'd be accused of lying. 30 seconds on Pricegrabber.com produced this:

http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_g...ntax+360+flash

And yes, THAT is what I paid. Perhaps you should learn to do some research before flying off the handle.
rfortson is offline   Reply With Quote