Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Feb 4, 2007, 5:01 AM   #1

Hello everyone,

im buying my 1s digital camera and i need you guys to help me out,from Sony DSC-H2,Panasonic FZ-7 or Olympus SP-510UZ, i tries the SP510 already itmakesa great pictures outdoors but i dont really like the indoor night photo's because i get lots of noise even with iso is set to 100, the three camera's are withen my price range which is 300Euro's (i live in The Netherlands), i want to buy one of thease because of the high zoom,so any advice will be great.

thanks
mimoawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 4, 2007, 7:07 AM   #2

The H2 will be the best regarding low noise in avilable light of the three you mentioned. You might want to also consider the Fuji S6000 while you're shopping. Although the top end of the zoom is a little less (300mm), it has a wider angle at the low end (28mm), and superior low light capability.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2007, 9:51 AM   #3

I would agree with the excellent suggestion put forth by my good friend, Rinnie-

Amongyour list ofcameras, the Sony H-2 is clearly the winner in higher ISO conditions, with out flash, and even hand held. I shoot with the H-5 model and have found it to produce good results under those conditions. I have obtained the best results at an ISO setting of 400.

Naturally, all of the cameras on your list will do very welloutside in daytime lighting conditions. It is in the low light level shooting environmrnt that getting the photos that you desire become a great deal more difficult.

The only difference between the H-2 and the H-5 is that rather than the 6.0mp of resolution, the H-5 has 7.2mp and a bigger LCD screen. Here is a sample photo taken in a theater environment at ISO 400, handheld, and with no flash. I believe this is the type of camera performance you want.

The Panasonic FZ-7 is a very good camera and takes wonderful photos outdoors. However, it is limited to a maximum ISO setting of 200, because above that setting, noise becomes a real problem.

MT/Sarah
Attached Images

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2007, 10:27 AM   #4

thanks very much for your replay ,but i wonder would 1MP will be much of a difference?i mean between the SP-510 and the DSC-H2?
mimoawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2007, 12:32 PM   #5

It is a combination of the optical performance of the Zeiss lens and the camera firmware that clearly pushes the Sony H-2 and H-5 ahead of the Olympus SP-510.

MT/Sarah
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote