Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Feb 5, 2007, 7:17 PM   #1

has anyone delt with this store before i know if a kit price is low it is to good to be ture but, all the feedback is great, they have a few stars from places....if so will this be a better set up then if i went with a high zoom point and shot...

http://www.bestpricecameras.com/prod...?prodid=789877
cheeze_wizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 5, 2007, 7:25 PM   #2

Better be careful. A much better price than other places could be bogus. a little better is one thing but MUCH better could lead to a lot of pain. C.W.
dwtbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2007, 7:25 PM   #3
rey

cheeze_wizz wrote:
Quote:
has anyone delt with this store before i know if a kit price is low it is to good to be ture but, all the feedback is great, they have a few stars from places....if so will this be a better set up then if i went with a high zoom point and shot...

http://www.bestpricecameras.com/prod...?prodid=789877
This is a scam. The site that gives them good ratings is a scam. Look at your other post, and use the site that others recommended: reselleratings.com
http://www.resellerratings.com/store...rice_Cameras_6

rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2007, 7:59 PM   #4

Just let me bang your credit card for $249, and I'll send you a camera (only a little bit refurbished)...provided you're willing to buy a warranty (carry in to our store in Zimbabwe for service) for $399 and a 1 GB card (surprise brand) for $729 (on sale this week), a filter kit for $289, A camera case for $135, a camera cleaning kit (you'll need this) for $987, a real nice hopitwurx 11 to 600mm high resolution zoom lens (made in Sri Lanka) for $4799. What, don't want to buy all this good stuff? Order cancelled...but I still charged your card. Thanks for your money!

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2007, 8:05 PM   #5

no need to be a wise ass i am new to the world of dslr's and all these web sites are new to me....just trying to get a good set up for around 500$. if you were to ask about stores that sell computer parts i could name the best off the top of my head. computers i know, dslr's not so much....i guess when its all said and done i am just ganna end up with an ultra zoom p&s...
Old Feb 5, 2007, 9:35 PM   #6

You might try Overstock.com or Amazon. I seem to recall seeing a D40 on one ot those for about $100 more, and they are pretty reputable. B&H Photo and Adorama are also good places to look. If price is major consideration, check for factory refurbished.

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2007, 2:09 AM   #7

What is your budget and what do you want to take pictures of? Some of the super zooms have become pretty good deals recently. I have in mind the Sony H2, the Canon S3IS, the Fuji S6000fd, and the Panasonic FZ-7. The FZ-7, though not particularly good above ISO 200, seems like a real bargain at current prices.

If you can save a little, there are low prices for the Pentax K110.

Anyway, good luck!
robbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2007, 3:31 PM   #8

i really cant spend more then 500$ but i do like to have a good zoom. i know i can get a 28-300mm off amazon for arond 159.99 wicth leaves me not really enogh for the dslr...so i am think about the Canon PowerShot S3 IS Digital Camera
and buying it from profeel. i used that website to find thier rateing and they have a 9.somthing out of 10...

http://www.resellerratings.com/store...ofeel_Video_12

but i dont know because i really like the finepix s9100 or the s6000...everyone seems to like the s6000 better then the s9100....its between them and the canon the sony h5 is a lil more then i want to spend but will if pepole think its better...
Old Feb 6, 2007, 5:16 PM   #9

Please be careful about ProFeel. I ordered the 6000fd from them. Then things sort of went fishy. Long story short I cancelled my order. ProFeel also operates two websites. You will find the camera cheaper on one site and a lot higher on the other. I refuse to go into details about the fish but I will tell you that they seemed nice on the phone. Now I am just worried what they will do with all the info they collected on me. As for cameras I am going with the 6000fd. I too am in the same boat as you and can't find it in any stores. In my honest personal opinion the S3IS is a nice camera but isoverpriced. Probably due to the Canon nametag associated with it. I know this will set a bunch of S3IS owners off. Like I said though this is my personal opinion. Aside from the fact I really think the 6000fd is a great starting place for me. I wantto be able to use it and learn from it and then hopefully make the next jump to DSLRs. On the other hand if you want a nicepoint and shoot with bells and whistles go with the S3IS. I like the RAW, manual focus, white balance, low light shooting capabilities of the 6000fd. Now only if I can feel comfortable ordering online again. Just be careful with who you decide to order from and I wish you the best of luck in your decision making process.

RabidShoot
RabidShoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2007, 6:55 PM   #10

I don't have any experience with Profeel. They may be very good. I do have experience with http://www.buydig.com and http://www.newegg.com . It has all been positive. Fast delivery. Easy tracking. Responsive customer service. No pressure. Decently prices accessories.In the case of the Canon S3IS, it seems their prices are lower than Profeel.

If you are going to shoot in lowlight a lot, maybe the Fujis are slightly better. I have the S9100 and it's not bad. However, I think I may buy the soon to appear Olympus 18X optical zoom SP550 this summer when the price drops a little. Such a camera is very useful for people sit in the bleachers or high in the stands for various sporting events.

I often check prices at:

http://www50.shopping.com/xPP-Digita...kin_id-3053120

or www.pricegrabber.com

Most of the dealers listed there are decent.Some other sites include some of the shadier dealers.

From time to time, there are big blowout saleson various sites which are unannounced.About a month ago,Staples was sellinga D50 with kit lens for $405.However,overall, when somebody has a price $50 or $100 or more cheaper than all its competitors, it'sBUYER BEWARE.

robbo is offline   Reply With Quote