Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Feb 11, 2007, 4:29 PM   #11

Ballz-

I have never experienced excessive CA or purple fringing with the Sony H-5. However, you must keep in mind thatCA or purple fringing is a problem shared by all ultra zoom cameras. I only said this, in my very short reply,when referring to the Sony H-2 and H-5, "...they do well in no flash,low light level shooting..."

That statement was a statement about visible noise, not CA or purple fringing. Neither, did I specifically tell you to buy the camera. Or even suggest a dealer, because it is the policy of the Forum to not reccommend retailers, dealers, or websites.

Because my replywas the very FIRST post to your request for advice, my impression was that we were very early on in our discussions of a possible camera. That is why I spoke in very general terms about ultra zoom cameras.

And I will also echo Rinnie and FlippedGazelle's question: Why not try the camera and, see what your hands onexperience really is?

MT/Sarah
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2007, 5:09 PM   #12

mtclimber wrote:
Quote:
Ballz-

I have never experienced excessive CA or purple fringing with the Sony H-5. However, you must keep in mind thatCA or purple fringing is a problem shared by all ultra zoom cameras. I only said this, in my very short reply,when referring to the Sony H-2 and H-5, "...they do well in no flash,low light level shooting..."

That statement was a statement about visible noise, not CA or purple fringing. Neither, did I specifically tell you to buy the camera. Or even suggest a dealer, because it is the policy of the Forum to not reccommend retailers, dealers, or websites.

Because my replywas the very FIRST post to your request for advice, my impression was that we were very early on in our discussions of a possible camera. That is why I spoke in very general terms about ultra zoom cameras.

And I will also echo Rinnie and FlippedGazelle's question: Why not try the camera and, see what your hands onexperience really is?

MT/Sarah
Camera is great in my hands, but I can't exactly take it home from best buy to see what my full size images look like. I ordered it off of newegg(I should have bought it off of bhphoto)I've never had to return anything there so I never payed attention to their policy.
Ballz2TheWallz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2007, 6:02 PM   #13

Ballz-

In my experience, www.newegg.com seems to be pretty straight forward and fair. Just call them up and explain your situation, or better yet, get the order and try the camera, your experience was a good one as Best Buy.

MT/Sarah
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2007, 6:48 PM   #14

Well, I know I don't really have a choice to return it to newegg, their policy states on the camera page no refunds. I have spent thousands at newegg and I always received what I wanted. I was actually calling Walmarts to see if they had the Sony but the employees don't like to answer the phones, so during that period newegg actually shipped my order out(which is the first time they have ever done that on a Sunday.....go figure)

However almost every picture I see taken with the Sony on various forums has obvious fringing, but when I look at the Canons the only fringing I see is hardly noticeable red fringing. I was also lied to at Best Buy and told the Canon doesn't have continuous infinite burst, which it does....that will also be a missed feature.

If I don't like it hopefully I can sweet talk newegg into an exchange.
Ballz2TheWallz is offline   Reply With Quote