Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Feb 19, 2007, 3:48 AM   #1

ARGOS UK Are selling on line Fuji F 20 LE GUNMETAL to be ordered on line and collected in store for £ 99 plenty available at all my local stores in kent anyway I ve just done a search , Looks abargain but does that mean the F 40 is on sale soon but at what price ?, Would it not be a good idea to buy one of these F 20 s at this low price or wait for the F 40 . At least the older model F 20 is proven and with the legend of a low light sensor that beats all others any opinions .8)
rodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 19, 2007, 9:05 AM   #2

rodo-

Here is what is really happening. The soon to be released Fuji F-40 is the replacement camera for the F-20. Therefore, the dealers are closing out the Fuji F-20 cameras stocks. That do not at all detract from the fact that the F-20 is a very good camera and worthy of consideration.

Here is a link to information on the new Fuji F-40. In short, the F-40will have 8mp and face detection, but there is more information in the news release.

http://www.cameratown.com/news/news.cfm/hurl/id|3463

So, you must weigh what is going to be available on the F-40 with the features that are on the F-20 and then make your decision. Personally, if I were making the choice, I would save a bit of money and purchase the Fuji F-20. But that is a decision you must make for yourself.

MT/Sarah
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2007, 11:10 AM   #3

Thanks for your point of view, I allready have the F11 great buildgreat IQbut not so goodllcd in sunlight, Also the F 30 wellI had one sold it and now my lady has bought it for my birthday in a few days AGAIN for me why wellgood IQ and only£135, Reason I sold my F30 well it was only a little bit better IQ than the F11 but not so well built, So doI get the F20 at £99 to add to the F models at only £99? Thought these 6mp and great sensor cams might be better than 8 mp newer F 40 to keep for the future , I collect for future usemy favorite cameras,ect a bit likeI bought my PanasonicFZ 1 and FZ20 and FX 01 as best of breed selected IMO as the ones to keep and also my Canon A 95 and A 80 as the best A series to keep ie ( sold A 610 bad plastic build) so sold that, like myPanasonic FZ 30 sold that (was too big and ugly in silver) and no betterIQ than the FZ 20 wellless IMO, yesI tend to want to collect the nicest cameras to use in future years also have a Oly C70 again IMO best of breed / type so now doI get this £99 F 20 ohdear here I go again good jobI just hate thesize/andcant stand the operation /feel of DSLR cameras eh!:homey:
rodo is offline   Reply With Quote