Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Feb 19, 2007, 6:46 PM   #1

I am looking for a quality digital camera that excells in both still imagery and video. It would be apsolutely necessary that the camera is capable of performing zoom during video recording, and has quality video imagery. I would like to use it for making artistic videos, therefore it also needs to have a large video time recording capactity. I am limited to spending between $200-300, if anyone could give me recommendations or some hints, it would be greatly appreciated!
liasimone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 19, 2007, 11:24 PM   #2

Why not try the Canon S3 IS, it has also a stereo audio! But you need at least 4G of SD to have an hour of VGA video at 30FPS.
rongebriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2007, 11:41 PM   #3

See if you can find a S/H Sanyo HD1 on Ebay. New about US$500 but have 5MP stills (easily enough for 8x10 or larger prints ) and a whole multitude of video formats.
Frogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2007, 10:58 PM   #4

I think you want to research the S3 IS before going that route as well. I've read it does support 4GB SDHC, but I believe it's still limited to 1GB per clip, so you'd have to take 4 separate clips on that one card.

I've got an S2 IS that only takes 2GB cards and has the 1GB clip limit as well. I get about 9min per GB at [email protected] I don't mind stopping/starting a new clip, but I need more than 18 min's per 2GB card.

I just ordered a Sanyo CA6 to see how it does.
dennyt is offline   Reply With Quote