Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Mar 1, 2007, 1:47 PM   #11

Hello Highway,

I'm new to this forum & was wondering if you might want to share where you purchased your camera. I'm assuming it was on-line. Thanks !
RosaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2007, 4:12 PM   #12

Hi Rosa, sure I got it at Circuit City. They had it marked down to 399, then another sale for instore but online brought it down to 340. I noticed some other reputable (not those shady places) places also sell it for about 340-375. Are you thinking of getting one yourself?

RosaC wrote:
Quote:
Hello Highway,

I'm new to this forum & was wondering if you might want to share where you purchased your camera. I'm assuming it was on-line. Thanks !

Highway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2007, 5:05 PM   #13

Rosa,

If you are interested in buying a Fuji S6000FD, you can buy it at Amazon.com for $304.94, with free 2-day shipping and no tax. You can link to it from here:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/best_cameras.html

Scroll down to 10-12x optical "super" zoom, then click on 'shop' next to the S6000.

There are some others selling it for the same price, but I can't attest to their reputability.

Good luck.

The Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2007, 5:20 PM   #14

304??? man, I thought 340 was good, glad I didn't pay the 399 I was expecting to pay! I never thought of checking Amazon...

rinniethehun wrote:
Quote:
Rosa,

If you are interested in buying a Fuji S6000FD, you can buy it at Amazon.com for $304.94, with free 2-day shipping and no tax. You can link to it from here:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/best_cameras.html

Scroll down to 10-12x optical "super" zoom, then click on 'shop' next to the S6000.

There are some others selling it for the same price, but I can't attest to their reputability.

Good luck.

The Hun

Old Mar 1, 2007, 5:58 PM   #15

Hi,

Thanks so much for the reply. I currently have a Canon Rebel 35 mm. w/ an extra lens & a Canon Flash. Does anybody know if the Canon lens/flash will fit the Fuji S6000 or the Canon S3 IS?
Old Mar 1, 2007, 6:25 PM   #16

The Fuji and Canon S3 have a permanent fixed lens (as do all the superzoom class), and most have no hotshoe for an added flash. (some you can add a flash to, like the Fuji 9100) but all have a built in flash.

When you say Canon Rebel, is that one of the XT digital cameras? Or did you mean a film SLR?

RosaC wrote:
Quote:
Hi,

Thanks so much for the reply. I currently have a Canon Rebel 35 mm. w/ an extra lens & a Canon Flash. Does anybody know if the Canon lens/flash will fit the Fuji S6000 or the Canon S3 IS?
Old Mar 2, 2007, 2:29 PM   #17

Hi Highway,

Thanks for your reply. I currently have a Canon SLR, film camera.
Old Mar 2, 2007, 2:31 PM   #18

Your welcome,
Ah ok, your lenses won't be compatable with the DSLR then. If you like the SLR style and being able to change lenses and such, you should look at the DSLR cameras. Their more expensive but the best and fastest.

Good luck with your hunt,

RosaC wrote:
Quote:
Hi Highway,

Thanks for your reply. I currently have a Canon SLR, film camera.