Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Feb 27, 2007, 12:47 AM   #1

I have had my Fuji S7000 for over 3 years. I have once again started having some problems with it. I am looking at buying a new camera. One thing I do not like about my Fuji is the draining of the batteries. Other than that and the latest problems probably from over use if that's possible I really like it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
mommie2angels is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 27, 2007, 1:09 AM   #2

I had the Fuji S7000, too. Great camera for me.

Before people can give you useful advice, they need to know more about what you are looking for and how much you plan to spend.

Do you want an ultrazoom (10X optical zoom or more)?

Do you have a prefererence for small cameras. Pocketable?

What is your budget?

Have you considered a DSLR?

What are you mainly taking pictures of? In daylight? Indoors? Night shots or dim indoor shots?

Now is a great time to look for a replacement. Good luck!
robbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2007, 4:11 AM   #3

mommie2angels I have the Fugi S5600 and I wanted something differnt more control really so I ended up getting the Canon 400D second choice my first choice was the Pentax K10D the only thig that pushed me towards the Canon was the price. So I think go down to the local Photography shop and try them out see what suit's you need's hope that helps.

Neil.....

Neil Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2007, 12:17 PM   #4

robbo wrote:
Quote:
I had the Fuji S7000, too. Great camera for me.

Before people can give you useful advice, they need to know more about what you are looking for and how much you plan to spend.

Do you want an ultrazoom (10X optical zoom or more)? [shadow=red]not a must but would be nice[/shadow]

Do you have a prefererence for small cameras. Pocketable? [shadow=red]no I like a larger camera. Love the feel of my Fuji[/shadow]

What is your budget? [shadow=red]haven't really discussed budget. I would say under $700.[/shadow]

Have you considered a DSLR? [shadow=red]considered it but have not really looked into.[/shadow]

What are you mainly taking pictures of? In daylight? Indoors? Night shots or dim indoor shots? [shadow=red]mostly children, nature, at all times of day, inside and out. [/shadow]

Now is a great time to look for a replacement. Good luck! [shadow=red]I guess that's my main question now. Am I being unreasonable to think I "need" a new camera now? Should this Fuji last me much longer? [/shadow]
Quote:
Thanks so much for your help! My biggest problem with my Fuji is battery life or lack of. Also the flash in low light. I should have already purchased an external flash.
mommie2angels is offline   Reply With Quote