Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Mar 10, 2007, 11:16 AM   #11

Rosa,

Let me add my praises for the Fuji to those of Highway. I stretch the Fuji's low-light capabilities to the max by using it to shoot night soccer, nearly always at ISO 1600 or 3200. Whilethe cameracan't match a DSLR with high-speed lens, I think its performance is remarkable. When I have taken it down as low as ISO 400, noise is almost non-existent.

I am having exceptional battery performance with the Fuji. I use Energizer 2500 mH rechargables. On a typical night, we'll shoot approximately 500 shots over the course of two high school soccer matches without having to make a battery change. (no flash, using camera LCD). By comparison, the Olympus C-750 I replaced would take at least two, and sometimes, three battery changes.

A further plus to the Fuji is how easy it is to learn. This was important for me. I am a high school soccer coach, so my action photography is actually shot by a student manager and I do the post processing. Thus, I had to have a camera that I could teach to a 16 year old. Within fifteen minutes, she was taking good shots. After a little more than a month of use, she is now comfortable making adjustments to ISO, exposure compensation (E/V), and other settings to compensate to changing lighting conditions over the course of an evening.

Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2007, 7:58 PM   #12

Highway & TrojanSoc,

Thanks again for your input, it's very much appreciated! As I mentioned to Highway in a previous post I am just beginning to understand Aperture, Shutter Speed & ISO. I will be using the Fuji to shoot my son's Karate tournaments (low light & fast action). The current price at Costco is $279 .... the card is separate, 1gb - $34. Do either of you have any more suggestions on reading material for a beginner?

Rosa

RosaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2007, 11:53 PM   #13

Wow 279 now? Man that is an awesome deal. Those camera were 500 last fall. One thing you might do, is just go to your local library and check out some photography books. If any you get are really good, you could order them new to keep after you read them for free from the library first.

RosaC wrote:
Quote:
Highway & TrojanSoc,

Thanks again for your input, it's very much appreciated! As I mentioned to Highway in a previous post I am just beginning to understand Aperture, Shutter Speed & ISO. I will be using the Fuji to shoot my son's Karate tournaments (low light & fast action). The current price at Costco is $279 .... the card is separate, 1gb - $34. Do either of you have any more suggestions on reading material for a beginner?

Rosa

Highway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2007, 10:16 AM   #14

Highway,

Good suggestion! Thanks again!
Old Mar 12, 2007, 12:37 PM   #15

Sure glad to help

RosaC wrote:
Quote:
Highway,

Good suggestion! Thanks again!
Old Mar 12, 2007, 7:37 PM   #16

You've already found one of the best places to read good advice. I have found members of this forum to be patient and helpful, and I've learned more than I ever knew existed about digital photography. Just work your way through the various forums and topics and you'll find much you can use. Experiment with suggested techniques and see if you can make them your own.

One of the nicest things about digital photography is that it doesn't cost you to experiment. If something doesn't work, just delete it from your memory card--a far cry from when experimenting cost film and processing.
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2007, 12:10 AM   #17

Thanks guys for being so helpful.... I just placed my order for my Fuji S6000 + 1 memory card.Tomorrow, I'll go & buy some rechargeable batteries. Now all I have to do is wait for my camera.

I paid $348.00 (camera, memory card - 1gb, taxes & shipping). Estimated time for delivery is 3-5 business days to Calif. Check out, COSTCO on line

Old Mar 13, 2007, 8:10 AM   #18

dear friend,

NEVER pay for fuji digital camera. all of them are comming with ISO problems (I mean they have noise). and will break very soon (not lasting for more than 1 year).

I have one of the semi profetional one, s-9500 and I got very very bad experiance with it.Itis as normal as a small pocket size digital camera with the samefunctions.I lost my money, would you like too? so pay for Fuji digital camera!:!:
hadidabagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2007, 11:25 AM   #19

Hi Rosa,

You got a very good deal. You will enjoy your camera very much. I hate the waiting though, I hope it arrives quick! Hope to see some pics you get with it

Take care,
Ron

hadidabagh: Sounds like you had a bad experience. I feel confident that it's not that common though by all the hundreds of people with Fuji's that I've seen posting on message boards. I had the Canon S3 and returned it for the Fuji, I can say first hand that the Fuji has remarkably LESS noise than the canon. (even though the Canon is a cool camera) And many reviews say the 6000 has far and above the best iso performance of any of the superzooms. I have taken many many shots at iso 800 and can barely detect any noise, if any at all in some. Sorry your camera was a disapointment though.

RosaC wrote:
Quote:
Thanks guys for being so helpful.... I just placed my order for my Fuji S6000 + 1 memory card.Tomorrow, I'll go & buy some rechargeable batteries. Now all I have to do is wait for my camera.

I paid $348.00 (camera, memory card - 1gb, taxes & shipping). Estimated time for delivery is 3-5 business days to Calif. Check out, COSTCO on line

Old Mar 13, 2007, 12:11 PM   #20

hadidabagh,

"all of them are comming with ISO problems (I mean they have noise). and will break very soon (not lasting for more than 1 year)."

Your statement is total nonsense and untrue.

Just because you had a bad experience with your S9500 doesn't mean that every Fuji camera has or will develop a problem.

If you couldn't manage to take decent pictures with your S9500, it was most likely the fault of the photographer and not the camera.

The command dial is a known issue with the S9500, and is totally unrelated to ISO. Since your camera is less than 1 year old, it is covered by warranty, and Fuji will repair or replace it at no cost to you. Why would you even consider suing Fuji, as you stated in your other post? Have you even contacted Fuji service?

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote