Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Mar 13, 2007, 11:25 PM   #21

You go Hun !

Can you believe it ? I jusr ordered my camera last night & it's scheduled to arrive tomorrow! I feel like a kid waiting for Santa! But, needless to say I have to work tomorrow & I won't get to see it until after 5:00 p.m.

I took Trojan's suggestion bought some Energizer's. I actually bought a charger I could use at home & the car.

Thanks again you guys!

RosaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2007, 10:34 PM   #22

Well, I got my camera today. It's making a funny noise when I turnit on & the noise doesn't go away. It's actually a very low rattling noise. I'm going to take it back tomorrow. But, I will order another one.
Old Mar 14, 2007, 10:38 PM   #23

Do you have it set on continuous autofocus by any chance? It may be the sound of the focus motor struggling to maintain AF while you're moving the camera around.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2007, 10:51 PM   #24

that's what I was going to say too. If you have it on CF (continuous focus) it will make those sounds. Hope it's ok, or you get another fast. I wonder if it is bad, if it was shipping damage.

rinniethehun wrote:
Quote:
Do you have it set on continuous autofocus by any chance? It may be the sound of the focus motor struggling to maintain AF while you're moving the camera around.

the Hun

Highway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2007, 10:33 AM   #25

ahhh .... definitely user error! Gosh, I feel like a real dummie! I jusr ran out to my car & changed the camera setting. You guys were right! Thanks so much for your help! I called COSTCO On Line earlier this morning about getting another camera & they said they were sold out.

Old Mar 15, 2007, 11:29 AM   #26

OH good, whew Glad that's all it was, especially if their sold out!
That happened to me too though, I had put it on continous focus then was I sitting there watching TV playing with it. I heard this little motor sound, I was like 'what's that?' then I caught on 'Oh the focus motor'!

Now you can try your camera out for real!
Old Mar 15, 2007, 8:34 PM   #27

Does anyone with the S6000 miss optical image stabilization? That has been my personal hesitation with any of the Fuji UZ models.
Justinian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2007, 11:13 PM   #28

I barely miss it, but for the most part I don't. To be honest, sometimes with the S3 the stabilization seems to make the pics the teeniest bit fuzzy. Like it 'almost' did the job?

Justinian wrote:
Quote:
Does anyone with the S6000 miss optical image stabilization? That has been my personal hesitation with any of the Fuji UZ models.
Old Mar 19, 2007, 9:15 AM   #29

Justinian wrote:
Quote:
I don't miss or even notice it is really needed except for full zoom shots of birds, animals and my kids. I usually steady it by pulling my arms into my body, or get support from a tree or some structure. I came from a Pentax K-1000 film camera, this may be why I never noticed a need for it. Just my $.02.
ktrjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2007, 7:21 PM   #30

Since I've never owned a camera with IS, it's hard for me to miss it. It's one of those things that would be nice to have, but isn't critical.
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote