Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Mar 5, 2007, 1:30 AM   #1

Sorry if this is a completely newb questions but I'm trying to decide on a new camera and I think I'm down to either the SD 600 ($300 CAD) or the DSC W55 ($250 CAD).
Which realistically is the better buy. The guy at Black's told me that they're pretty equal in terms of value however the Sony has a higher MP and it's reload (not sure what this is called) time is less than the Canon. He also said that the Canon is more durable which is important. Also, memory format is a concern as I'm told that Sony stuff can get more expensive than the SD format that the Canon takes. So I'm a bit stuck here. Can you digicam experts help me out with some insights?

Thanks!
gongshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 11, 2007, 1:01 PM   #2

I went to Circuit City today planning to buy the W55, but then saw the SD600. It looked cleaner and more sturdier than the W55. The only thing is I already own a 2gb pro duo card for my PSP, so I would have to purchase an SD card. I'm really torn between the two. If anyone knows which takes better night shots than I'll probably purchase that since I want a camera that can take great photos during the day and at night. Any suggestions?
fortzum is offline   Reply With Quote