Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Mar 5, 2007, 8:05 AM   #1

Was thinking of getting Canon XTi, but with all the accessories, I will be looking more than 1000. Tried the FZ7, ..... photo quality is not too bad.

But before I purchase it, anyone has any other suggestion around the same quality and price range?
hohohong is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 5, 2007, 4:15 PM   #2

The Kodak Z612 has similar features (the FZ7 has a wider aperture at max telephoto and a higher maximum ISO), has a current list of $250 and can be had at Dell Computer $200. You need to compare the reviews closely to see which has your "must" features. I have had a Z612 for about two months now and it has met my expectations.

ac.smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2007, 10:15 AM   #3

hohohong wrote:
Quote:
Was thinking of getting Canon XTi, but with all the accessories, I will be looking more than 1000. Tried the FZ7, ..... photo quality is not too bad.

But before I purchase it, anyone has any other suggestion around the same quality and price range?
I'm sorry, but you say the photo quality on the FZ7 is not too bad? I would suggest you check the pany forum where I think you will discover it's really quite excellent.

My hubby has the Canon XTi and he once spent an entire evening trying to take a moon shot that was sharper than the ones I took with the FZ7.

But, putting my bias aside, I would agree with AC, check the reviews to see which camera in your price range comes closest to meeting your needs.
mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2007, 3:57 PM   #4

hohohong-

Take a look at the Panasonic TZ-1. It is selling here in the USA for LESS than $300.

MT/Sarah
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote