Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Mar 25, 2007, 12:58 AM   #11

vIZnquest wrote:
Quote:
I do not have any Canon DSLR and since I decided on a different system I will say that it all depends on what you want out of it.

I have seen good work done by both Canon and Nikon. Lenses are the investment not the body.

I have the NikonD200 and really don't need to say how good it is since it has been said enough times by other users.

I started with Pentax and found its small buffer and frames/sec rate to be less than what I want out of a DSLR for sports shooting. It does everything else very well and when it comes to RAW shooting it really doesn't matter what camera brand you buy. There are those who will say they can tell differences between the makes of cameras from the finished product and I say they are the same ones that can tell you the difference between Coke and Pepsi.

Since you are new I recommend you try to handle each camera and see how it feels. Also, turn the knobs, press the buttons and spin the dials. See if you can actually figure anything out before you read a manual.

See how easy it is to get to changing iso, file choice/size, white balance and so on.

Everyone is correct in their recommendation about what is a good system. It fits for them and what they want and like about a camera. You should too before you buy.
I completely agreed with you!!! When I selected to KM 7D...was because I already own 7 lenses with Minolta "A" mount...so that was my cute selection...but as you state...for a newer DSLR buyer...he MUST do 100% exactly what you advised!

Peace,

Alex 007:|
Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2007, 1:11 AM   #12

vIZnquest wrote:
Quote:
=
I started with Pentax and found its small buffer and frames/sec rate to be less than what I want out of a DSLR for sports shooting. It does everything else very well and when it comes to RAW shooting it really doesn't matter what camera brand you buy.
Which Pentax... the K10D can do 3fps highest res JPEG non stop until you run out of memory and a respectable RAW rate (You really need to do more than 9 frame bursts???)

Yet even in RAW could likely do 3 or 4 frame burst forever with more than a second or two between them endlessly as well.... just not non stop continuously over 9 frames.

Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2007, 8:54 AM   #13

Hayward wrote:
Quote:
Which Pentax... the K10D can do 3fps highest res JPEG non stop until you run out of memory and a respectable RAW rate (You really need to do more than 9 frame bursts???)

That's about half the rate of the two cameras the OP was chosing between.
fldspringer is offline   Reply With Quote