Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Mar 24, 2007, 10:35 PM   #1

After a lot of research, this is the digital camera that seems the best according to my needs. It has an affordable price and seems to be able to record nice videos and take some pretty good pictures. I was just wondering if anybody had an opinion on this camera. I'm really wanting to record short-films and stuff, and one main question I have is how big the movie files are. I have a 512MB SD card, and I want to know how long I can record video for, and I also wouldn't want a bunch of huge movie files taking up space on my computer. Any help would be appreciated.
Nightmare7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 25, 2007, 12:20 AM   #2

You can get the user manual from http://www.kodak.com

You should be able to hold about 20 minutes of video with a 512MB card.

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/servi...6839/8749/8751
dr_spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2007, 1:34 AM   #3

Hmmm...20 minutes. That sounds pretty good. Thanks for finding that manual for me! :-)
Nightmare7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2007, 8:10 AM   #4

My opinion (based on professional review sites)...

The camera is a slug, with a startup time of 4.9 seconds, a cycle time of 2.2 seconds, but only for 2 pictures, then it takes nearly 8 seconds to clear the buffer before you can take shot number 3, pre-focus lag time is 0.08 seconds, a download speed of only 433 KB/sec. It has an effective flash range of about 10 feet at ISO 100. It will only get you about 250 pictures per charge on NiMH batteries.

Regarding huge movie files taking up space on your hard drive, if you fill your 512 MB card with video, how much space do you think it will fill on your hard drive?

There are a lot better cameras out there in the same price range. If I were you, I would do a little more research.

Just my opinion.

the Hun
rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote