Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Apr 2, 2007, 3:14 PM   #1

What dig. camera would be my best buy? I have a 35mm Pentax ME. I love what I consider to be a very sharp picture , but it takes to long for me to man. focus. Is there anything out there without spending over 350.00.
mom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 2, 2007, 8:54 PM   #2

Mom-

The Pentax K100D is certainly worth a look. It has auto focus,and built-in IS, which Pentax calls SR or Shake Reduction. Depending on the lenses that you have those Pentax ME lens are probably useable with the K-100 as well.

MT/Sarah
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2007, 10:26 PM   #3

mom2 wrote:
Quote:
What dig. camera would be my best buy? I have a 35mm Pentax ME. I love what I consider to be a very sharp picture , but it takes to long for me to man. focus. Is there anything out there without spending over 350.00.
This is your best bet at meeting your $350 goal, the K110D body only for $408 from Buydig.com. The K100D is the same camera, but with Shake Reduction in the body. If you can stretch your budget a little more, I'd highly recommend the K100D. However, the K110D is a very nice camera in it's own right. You can use your existing Pentax lenses on any of the Pentax digital SLRs. However, it will still be manual focus. For ~$480, you can get the K110D with the kit lens and get autofocus. The 18-55mm kit lens is a nice bargain for the extra money. Here's the link to Buydig.com (same place as Beach Camera - I've purchased from them several time w/out problem):

http://www2.buydig.com/shop/product....mp;sku=PKK110D

Russ
rfortson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2007, 11:46 PM   #4

Definitely agree with the K100D/K110D solution. On a budget, there's nothing better, especially if you already have Pentax lenses, and it wouldn't cost much to add a few more used lenses later on if you don't mind manual focusing and have the patience to shop around.

The K100D has the anti-shake advantage, which without getting into details will give you a somewhat higher percentage of keepers. It becomes much more useful when shooting telephoto or low light.
Corpsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2007, 1:57 AM   #5

No actually before 110D I say find a remaining new DS (or used used too) far cheaper if you want to start SLR at that level...

My Guess is..... 110D wil be the FIRST disconinued of the new K line... or maybe will keep it but isT will be gone forever.

Yes I know there is some new stuff and physical (holding) difference but otherise the K110D is very much just a glossed over, esp if few new feat not important (or just don't even know what they even are) to you on 110D.

Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote