Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Apr 3, 2007, 1:45 PM   #1

Hello All!

I am wondering which one is better choice amongst A710 Is and A570 Is?? I am just a normal Camera user.. not an expert....

This 6x Zoom inspires me alot.. but A710 is has limiation of 1gb par movie.. which looks to me a drawback..

What you guys suggest???

-Asad.
asad747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 3, 2007, 2:15 PM   #2

Asad-

Video clips are not important to me. The prices of these two cameras are virtually the same here in the USA. I would go for the A-710IS due to the extra zoom.

MT/Sarah
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2007, 2:28 PM   #3

I'm trying to make the same decision. The reviews on http://www.imaging-resource.com/ seem to show quite a bit more softness in the A550 lens than on the A710's. While the A550 is not the A570, I believe the lens is the same so the softness might be an issue. I currently have a Panny FZ-20 and was quite suprised at the advantage the extra Zoom at 2.8 and IS gave me over a friends Nikon D200 (of course he just got it).

Steve didn't mention corner softness as an issue, but I don't think its something he addresses.

Bill
wmussatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2007, 6:32 PM   #4

The A710 has some slight corner softness, which you will only realise if you do pixel peeping. The A710 unlike the A570 uses the older Digic II image processor. Thus the russian hack, which adds RAW mode, BASIC programmability and many other things to the camera, can be applied to the A710 but not the A570.
kassandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2007, 6:30 PM   #5

i am considering either the a710is or the a560. i like the way the 710 feels better but i am a little concerened about the 6x zoom. i have read the reviews here and would like to know if anyone knows which one takes better macro photos. this will be used specifically as an ebay camera with the pictures being shot outside in good light. i currently have a kodak dx6490 and just cant seem to get the photos as sharp as i want them to be. all pictures are shot with little to no zoom. i am wondering if it is because of the 10x zoom lens. any help would be appreciated.

if anyone has any other suggestions they would be appreciated. i really dont need that many features i just want to be able to take great photos for my listings and really want the 2.5" lcd.

ANYBODY????
pmdinkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2007, 12:31 PM   #6

The A710 - like most digicams - only has a wide angle macro mode. The A560/A570 has also a tele macro mode, but not a very good one (nearest distance 45 cm). Thus the A560/A570 has a slight advantage over the A710 as far as macro shooting is concerned. On the other hand the A630/A640 has a much better tele macro mode (nearest distance 25 cm) and because of the larger 1/1.8" CCD the A630/A540 has also better image quality than the A710, A560, A570, which all have a 1/2.5" CCD.
kassandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2007, 12:55 PM   #7

kassandro wrote:
Quote:
The A710 - like most digicams - only has a wide angle macro mode.
You can use the digital teleconverter feature with the A710 macro to get 1.5x or 1.9x more "zoom" in a macro shot (still at 1cm away). You might have to reduce image size somewhat to avoid image degradatiion, though.
reppans is offline   Reply With Quote