Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Apr 6, 2007, 4:31 AM   #1

I am new to photography and want an ultra compact that has a fast start up, good optical zoom, takes good pics and price range £150-£220. I want to take pics when I am out with my dogs, I go out various times of the day but early morning I would like to take photos of squirels and birds that I see around my local park, also indoor pics of my family, I have read loads of reviews and a lot of questions on this forum but now I seem to be a bit confused as I just can't come to a descision, any advice or help would be great, I need to get one in the next few days if poss... :?
tanzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 6, 2007, 11:06 AM   #2

The Panasonic LZ-7 (around $200 here in the USA) has 7mp, 6X optical zoom, and roughly 2.5" X 3.5" X1" is one the smallest cameras, offering reasonable zoom. Likewise the Panasonic TZ-1 (also around $200 her in the USA and 5mp) and the new TZ-3 (around $340 here in the USA and 6mp) areroughly the same size, with the TZ-3 being slightly thicker. The size is roughly 2.75" X 4.0" X 1.25" for the TZ-1 and the TZ-3 being approximately 1.75" thick.

Those are two possibilities than include a reasonable amount of zoom - 6X optical zoom for the LZ-7 and 10X fpr the TZ-1 and TZ-3.

MT Sarah
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2007, 3:41 PM   #3

Thank you for your recomendation I will checck them out and let you know which one I go for, I have read quite a lot of reviews and specs ect and got so confusedI couldn't make up my mind at all.:-)
tanzi is offline   Reply With Quote