Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Apr 7, 2007, 1:06 AM   #1

Opinions on your favorites would be much appreciated. I'm leaning towards the Sony H9 or H7 or 5
but have been warned not to get a one as they have terrible customer service. I'm itching to place an order and am ready to do so as soon as I feel comfortable that I'm making a good decision. Thanks in advance ~ Vektor
Vektor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 7, 2007, 3:04 AM   #2

LoL. The best all round ultrazoom is without doubt the Fuji S6500FD, which you've somehow missed :-D. No doubt a slip of the mind.

But in case you're anti Fuji, or are allergic to its size, the Sony H5 is a pretty decent camera. Not sure about the customer service though. But quality and build wise, it should last you long enough.
Shahmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2007, 3:33 AM   #3

Thanks for the Reply . It looks like a great camera I'm glad your enjoying it. Yeah I guess I never heard of it...I'm a newb however so thats not surprising. I read up on the s9000 and decided it wasn't for me. Perhaps this is more advanced however.
Old Apr 7, 2007, 10:01 PM   #4

The S6500FD is sort of a little brother to the S9000 being smaller, more light weight, and having less features. The S6500 has a 6MegPix resolution as opposed to 9MP's, does not have a hot shoe and tilting LCD, and has less EVF resolution. But the S6500FD benefits from having a newer sensor which can go up to a ISO3200 as opposed to S9000's ISO1600. Both cameras still pawn the opposition with their low light performance though.
Shahmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2007, 10:57 PM   #5

Sweet I'll revisit the S9000 then. I made a list of all the main ones which that camera was on, then proceeded toread reviews on them all. Something must have caused me to cross that one out. I should have kept better notes. Thanks for the input.